Nostril Narrowing Asian Nose (Need a Less Subtle Result)? (photo)

All the pictures of nostril narrowing I have seen are quite conservative. The result I want is very small nostrils. When I pinch the base of my nostrils I see the type of result I want. The last 3 pictures are of me pinching my nostrils to give you an idea.

Narrowing your nostrils

+1

The nostrils can be narrowed and it would help to show the surgeon how much you want them narrowed. Most surgeons are conservative with this because the nostril can always be revised and made smaller. If they are made too small, oops!, pretty hard to correct.

Nostril Narrowing Asian Nose (Need a Less Subtle Result)?

+1

You do not want to create breathing issues, and you do not want to make the tip appear more bulbous.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Alar base modification

+1

Dear suzannedee:      Alar base modification can be tricky. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon and use computer imaging to try to define exactly what you want. Remember the rules of physics still exist and the computer can often do more than living tissue. Good luck and I give you one more thought for the day: REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS!

Stephen E. Metzinger, MD
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing nostrils

+1

Sometimes less is more, especially when it comes to nostrils.  There are several techniques for nostril reduction which can help reshape your nose:

1. sill reduction

2. wedge reduction

3. cinch suture

4. projection of nose

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Narrowing Asian Nose

+1

Consult with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who are very experienced with Rhinoplasty.  There is a fine line in correct nostril narrowing.  Too much can cause breathing issues, and a distorted nose.  Be very careful!  Best wishes! 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Alar base modification during Asian rhinoplasty

+1

The results you achieve when pinching the base of your nostrils creates two potential issues.  The first is that the proportion between the width of the tip of your nose and the width of your nostrils is distorted - making your tip appear even more bulbous in comparison when your nostrils are narrowed so significantly.  

The second potential issue is creating worsened breathing by making your nostrils too small.  I would recommend seeking out an Asian rhinoplasty specialist, who can examine your nose in detail and discuss with you how to achieve the most attractive results possible.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD