Gap Keeps Returning Despite Braces

im 18, I have had braces on for the past 2 and half years, and for the past 6 months, my dentist has been trying to close a gap i have on the right side.

Every time he tightens that side, the gap would close for about a week. then in a few hours i notice the gap has reappeared. this has so far happened about 5 times and its really agitating.

would my dentist be doing anything wrong? or is it a problem with my teeth?

Teeth tend to relapse if not held in place

+1

One of the most important parts of orthodontic treatment is the stage of retention after active treatment has been completed.  Teeth have a tendency to move without something holding them in place.  The teeth are constantly exposed to forces such as the tongue, forces of chewing, the cheeks, etc.  Speak to your doctor to determine the best form of retention for your particular situation.  Good luck!

Toronto Orthodontist