Gap Between Nasal Bone and Implant on Bridge of Nose, Will I Need a Revision?

Hello. I am about a month post-op and have a gap between where my gortex implant ends and where my nasal bone starts (on the bridge of my nose) creating a dent that is both palpable and visually seen. Will this gap seal over time or will a revision/fillers be needed? Thank you.

Contour problem after gortex placed for rhinoplasty

+1

The dent is unlikely to improve over time.  Consider a revision, and find a surgeon with a lot of experience performing revision rhinoplasty.  Removal of the gortex and replacement with cartilage should do the trick.

You may be a candidate for an Injectable Filler procedure to fill the gap above your GoreTex nasal implant.

+1

I read your concern, and it's tough to advise you without a photo at this early stage following your rhinoplasty surgery. A visible gap above your GoreTex nasal implant may be improved by an Injectable Filler procedure. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. In my view, you should reserve revision rhinoplasty as a last resort.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Gap Between Nasal Bone and Implant on Bridge of Nose, Will I Need a Revision?  Photos of the nose and gap would help in the evaluation.  I have operformed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and while I initially used Goretex grafts in the nose during Rhinoplasty in the early 1990's, I discontinued the use because Goretex has a tendency to get infected yrears later for noa pparent reason.  You may want to have the Gortex nasal implant removed for a straight, silastic implant to the nasal bridge.

Gap In the Naso-Frontal angle

+1

Hi,

What your seeing a gap in the nasal - frontal angle. This can happen with gortex implants. You can try to fill the space with fillers but for long lasting results you may need a revision

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Gap

+1

It would be best to see you or good pictures. But, from what you say i agree that a revision is probably needed. Consider Radiesse as a filler quick fix if you surgeon agrees

David A. Bray, Sr., MD