How can I affordably correct the 1mm gap between my two front teeth?

I was wondering how to fix it without using braces. I'm 15 and I just feel self conscious about it! Also, my gums are blocking the teeth from coming together, hence why I have the gap. But I feel really uncomfortable getting some kind of surgery on my gums! I also don't have a lot of money to fix my teeth so I can't spend a thousand dollars trying to fix it. So is there anyway I could fix it so I wouldn't have to have surgery, while being affordable, and it would last a while? Thanks!

+2
If your gap is only 1mm small, then you are extremely fortunate, as this can generally be corrected by filling in the gap with direct composite bonding.  This technique of "diastema closure" (what dentists refer to this as) can generally be done without any drilling of the teeth and even no need for dental anesthesia.  Also, the cost is minimal and can be done in just one dental appointment.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

EASY FOR NOW

+1
A small gap between the two front teeth can be affordably and easily corrected by  composite bonding. Bondings can sometime discolor after a few years so you may have to have the procedure redone in the future.  Longterm options in the future could be to realign the teeth using Invisalign or to place veneers. Veneers are made of porcelain and cover the outer surface of the teeth. They can be used to change the shape and color of the teeth and rarely discolor over time

A. Vandiveer Strait, DDS
Wilton Cosmetic Dentist