How Effective is Galvanic Spa on Cellulite?

Galvanic spa system as per nuskin.com uses electric current to treat the skin.

Galvanic Spa doesn't help with cellulite

+2

Let me throw in my two cents and agree with my colleagues Drs. Aldea and Rand: I feel you would be wasting your money. There may be a few patients who have seen some benefit from this apparatus, but there is little scientific, unbiased, evidence that this works. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Treatment of cellulite

+2

To my knowledge, there are no useful treatments for cellulite worth spending your money on. If you can get the names of a few patients who your doctor has treated with this technology, and if they are very happy, then maybe you can consider going ahead. But don't rely on company provided photos, just rely on real patient photos and comments from your doctor.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Cellulite treatment with Electric Current a waste of money

+2

You are wasting your money.

Cellulite dimpling is a result of the way thigh skin is attached to the underlying thigh musculature in women and appears as the tissues begin to droop with aging, weight gain and sun damage. Despite EVERYTHING you read and all the commercials you see there is NO EFFECTIVE NONSURGICAL TREATMENT FOR CELLULITE. If there was one - Why would you have so many different therapies our there claiming to be the one?

Now, take a historical perspective. Usually these BS claims dress themselves with the hottest trend of the science of the period. The one you present is actually an OLD one.

At the turn of the 19th century when electricity was being introduced, electric therapy was everywhere. Electricity belts were supposed to cure menstrual cramps, infertility even male impotence (Look up the Sears catalogs of the period and amuse yourself).

When radiation and nuclear radiation were a hot topic, for a short while people were enticed into drinking and eating radioactive supplements to make them healthy. Not really a smart idea. Many were killed or made ill by radiation sickness.

Then came the "natural", holistic period when everything is claimed to be good for you just because it happens to be "natural" regardless of any scientific evidence.

Double your money by folding it and sticking it back in you purse.

Cellulaze for cellulite

+1
The most effective treatment on cellulite is Cellulaze. In my opinion it is best to consult with a surgeon in regards to whether or not Cellulaze is right for you. Cellulaze is the first long-lasting minimally invasive procedure to keep the areas cellulite free. Good luck.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Galvanic Spa?

+1

I would not recommend Galvanic spa for effective cellulite treatment.  I would recommend you evaluate Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Effective cellulite treatment

+1

If you are looking for a long-lasting treatment for cellulite, consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD