Surgery in June. How Should I Time My Surgery? (photo)

After doing some research on doctors in my area, I have decided to set up a couple consultations in the coming weeks. IS this okay?? I'm a high school teacher and in order to maximiza recovery time, waiting until school is out in June would be best. This also gives me time to save up more $$$. I'm 34y.o, 5'4'' and currently weight 208. I started at 265. Through exercise everything else has become more shapely, but the belly NEVER moves!! I hate it and want to feel more comfortable in my skin.

Several options are available

+2

Thank you for the photos.  You have several options to consider.  Ideally, the best result would result after additional weight loss has occurred.  Additional weight loss would allow the tummy tuck to remove excess laxity without the need for thorough liposuction of the waist.  If additional weight loss does not occur your options are either a tummy tuck with circumferential liposuction of the waist for best contour or a tummy tuck and some liposuction of the flanks.  It will depend on your desire and ability to lose additional weight, as well as the financial and time investment that you have available.

Dr Remus Repta   

Surgery in June-TT

+2

Kimberlyn

It is completely appropriate to see more than one surgeon in consultation and to choose whomever you feel most capable.Good idea to hold off until you are close to your desired weight. Were you to do this today and then lost down to 160 you might be thinking about another tummy tuck. 

Continue the good work. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck and Weight Loss Concerns...

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss;  you should be proud of this accomplishment.

The easy answer, of course is to achieve as close to possible as to long-term stable weight prior to undergoing body contouring surgery;  if necessary, additional work with  your physician, personal trainers and/or nutritionist may be helpful (depending on your history). However, some patients (despite best efforts) are not able to achieve their “ideal” weight;  these patients often still benefit from tummy tuck surgery ( with the understanding that  realistic expectations is critical and that further surgery may be necessary to improve the outcome of the tummy tuck procedure). 

You are definitely on the right track; get as low as you can go weight wise,  optimize your physical, mental, and psychosocial situation, and seek consultations with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons when you are ready.

Good luck as you continue to work towards your goals.