What product is better for lines around the mouth? Restylane or juvederm ?

What lasts the longest? 
Here are links to the costs of Restylane and Juvederm in your area. 

Fillers around the mouth

+1
The most long lasting may not be the reason to choose the filler for a particular area.  While Juvederm can last a year when injected around the mouth it is quite thick.  I much prefer Restylane or Belotero because they are easier to sculpt and will have a much more natural cosmetic result.

Belotero is a Great Option for Lines Around the Mouth

+1
My preferred product for fine lines around the mouth is Belotero, as it is fine enough to not see when injected superficially, and have never seen it give a tyndall effect (blue hue with superficial placement).

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for wrinkles around the mouth: Restylane or Juvederm

+1
Both Restylane and Juvederm are hylauronic acid fillers which provide temporary improvement of folds and wrinkles around the mouth. These are very similar both in terms of results and costs, which may range from approximately $600 to $1000. Results last about 6 months. However, some patients and cosmetic surgeons have a preference for one over the other. There isn't a "best" filler". Often wrinkles around the mouth will require combination with fillers, resurfacing with lasers/peels, and surgery.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines Around The Mouth

+1
Lines of the upper and lower lips can be from multiple factors, therefore several kinds of treatments are available. For shrinking of the fat and muscle beneath the skin, which causes both vertical lines and thin lips, fillers or fat injections can restore the volume. of the fillers most doctors prefer either Restylane or Belotero. These fillers absorb less water than Juvederm, making them a bit more predictable. Fat can produce a longer lasting fill, but a certain percentage will be absorbed, making later treatments necessary. In younger patients with vertical lines, skin damage from smoking or sun exposure can be the culprit. Chemical peels or laser treatments can often help these lines. Some patients may need both a volume filler and a skin treatment if the lines are severe.

All of these procedures are generally done in the office with local anesthesia.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines around mouth require multiple treatments

+1
Treating the lines around the mouth may require different types of treatment based on the severity, skin texture, and your goals.  Juvederm Ultra is an excellent filler for mild to moderate lines.  Very small doses of Botox also can help greatly reduce the lines and help give the lips a very nice shape.  If your lines are severe, you will also need resurfacing such as lasers, peels, or dermabrassion.

Daniel Yamini, MD

+1
Retylane, Belotero and Juvederm Ultra can work nicely in this area. Juvederm Ultra Plus tends to be too thick for those vertical lip lines. We treat many, many patients for this issue in Denver due to the altitude, sun and dry environment. I've actually found that careful Botox treatments work very nicely and create a natural appearing result. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of fine lines around the mouth

+1
Hello and thanks for your question. If you are referring to the vertical lip lines that form around the mouth, then I prefer lighter weight fillers to treat these areas. Belotero works very well in these areas as does Juvederm Ultra XC. Newer treatments like Ultherapy can also help reduce the vertical lines around the mouth. In some cases, Botox can also be effective if the lines are deepened with excessive muscle movement. Be sure to see an experienced provider who can determine which treatment is best for you. Be well!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon