Gaining Weight After Tummy Tuck

I had a Tummy Tuck almost 3 years ago, and I gained about 5 to 10 lbs in my stomach. If I exercise and wear the stomach shaper, will my stomach get flat again or what can I do or wear to get it flat again?

Weight gain after tummy tuck

+2

If you gain weight after a tummy tuck and want to recapture the contour you once had, I recommend getting back to the weight you were immediately after the tummy tuck. Proper diet and exercise are all you need to do. If you gained a signficiant amount of weight, I suggest losing the weight slowly (<1-2 pounds/week) so that you are not left with loose skin of the lower abdomen, which could require a revision surgery to correct.

Since you only gained 5-10 lbs, this amount of weight loss should not compromise your tummy tuck result.

Dr.Bruno

Agree with losing some weight, if possible

+1

After proper weight loss, you may notice some excess skin on the abdomen or bumps here and there. It may need to be revised with a small procedure to achieve better contour.

Are you doing core exercises?

Reza Nabavian, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Gaining weight after tummy tuck

+1

It really is no different than if you didnt have a tummy tuck before.  I would exercise and trying watching you diet to lose the weight again.

Good luck

Farbod Esmailian, MD