Would Gaining Weight in my Hips Affect Smart Lipo in my Stomach?

Received Smart lipo 3 months ago on my stomach, upper/lower, flanks and "bra fat"..3 months later at follow up appointment showed no changes in pre surgery measurements, and weight gain. confused on why? Dr called a week later to say my hip measurements (which wasnt treated) is bigger and suggests losing weight in that area before we do a re-touch on my stomach. Why would this matter since I didnt even have work done. I've gained weight in my hips due to running, im in the military!

Weight gain after liposuction

+1

If there were many ccs of fat removed from liposuction, whether smartlipo or any type of liposuction, you are reducing the amount of fat on board thereby reducing the amount of calories you need to consume each day to maintain your new physique. There may not be much weight loss with liposuction as the fat removed is not dense.

Weight gain does not follow liposuction

+1

While it is hard for patients to accept, a person can only gain weight if they take in more calories than they burn. This is usually due to eating more but sometimes due to inactivity. The solution is always exercise and good nutrition.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Lipo and results

+1

WIhtout being the treating physician and knowing where you started , what was treated in the OR, how much was removed, and where you are now, makes it difficult to comment.