Gaining Weight After Brazilian Butt Lift?

I would like to have the BBL to change the way my body deposits fat. Currently, my body deposits fat proportionately but I want it to deposit fat primarily in my hips. After the BBL, I will do a weight gain diet to further enhance my new shape. However, I am hearing stories of patients who had lipo and after gaining weight, they say their bodies became deformed, etc. because of where their bodies now gained fat. My goal is to "grow" a bigger butt/hips thanks to the aid of BBL. Is this possible?

Should I gain weight after a brazilian butt lift?

+1

I would never recommend that you purposely gain weight for cosmetic reasons, it just doesn't make sense.  Patients that gain weight after a brazilian butt lift, will preferentially gain more volume on their buttock, which can sometiemes be desirable.

Brazilian Butt Lift: Stable weight best for Best Outcome

+1

In general  it is best to be at your stable long term weight to reduce the probability for revision surgery. It makes little or no sense to loose or gain weight for a surgical procedure including Brazilian Butt Lift unless you can maintain that weight for many years.

The reason for this is that the fat cells tend to remember it origin and behave that way. In other words when you lose weight you will also shrink the size of the fat cells transferred to your buttocks and conversely when you gain weight you will gain it also in the area it was transferred to.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Growing your Brazilian Butt lift

+1

I have had one patient gain weight after a BBL with subsequent growth of th buttock to her satisfaction. However, most patients remain at a stable weight. If you are contemplating this, you may wnat to select donor sites that are sensitive to weight gain. However there are places such as your face, neck, etc that may also increase with undesireable resutls.

The goal is to maintain a Healthy weight after the Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

If you have extra fat to donate to your buttocks...... if removal of this fat enhances your figure, and if injecting this fat into your buttocks gives you an enhanced buttocks size and shape that you are seeking then there will hopefully be no reason to gain weight.  If the procedure gives you a beautiful shape, then be happy with it and maintain it. 
The goal with Liposuction is to make your figure more proportionate. As long as this is achieved, then weight gain will hopefully happen in a natural proportion. Of course, the goal is to maintain a healthy weight, not to gain weight.  However I have seen patients who did gain weight after the BBL who said it all seemed to go to their butt. 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD