3 years after Mohs sugery on my nose, I still have a large indentation, scarring and redness.

Nasal reconstruction following Mohs surgery

+1
Sometimes following Mohs surgery and closure, revision surgery is necessary.  Several things can be done to correct nasal scarring.  A photo or an in person consult would be best to help guide you.  I would visit a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to discuss the reconstruction of your issue.  While many Mohs surgeons perform excellent Mohs defect repairs, I am of the opinion that we should let the Mohs surgeons clear the cancer, but leave the repair and reconstruction to the facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons.  I wish you well!

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indentation, scarring, and redness after Mohs

+1
At three years out there are some reconstructive elements that can possibly be done. Visit a board-certified dermatologist in your area who has experience in reconstruction and scar minimization to discuss your situation.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD