Should I Gain Weight for my Brazilian Butt Lift? I'm Also Having a Tummy Tuck at the Same Time. (photo)

I'm going to have a Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck at the same time... should I gain weight and how much? I'm 5'1 125 lbs. I want at least 1000 cc in each cheek.

Weight gain and fat grafting

+2

As the other doctors have pointed out, you do not seem to have a large amount of fat available for fat grafting.  My opinion is that you have a set number of fat cells in your body and that with weight gain these cells simply enlarge.  Fat cells are notoriously fragile and may become more so when full of fat. 

So  my recommendation is to transfer the fat first and then ask patients to gain weight with the hope that the weight gain will be favorable to the grafted fat in the buttocks.

Gaining Weight for the Brazilian Buttlift with Tummy Tuck

+2

I rarely recommend weight gain, because patients tend to return to the original weight after surgery.  For your particular case, I would say that the tummy tuck specimen will provide probably 1000 cc of fat.  In addition, the back and flanks should be able to provide the rest.  Find the plastic surgeon with elite credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight gain prior to BBL

+1

It is not necessary to gain weight prior to Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.  In fact, weight gain may make your waist bigger.  Last week, I was able to transfer 1000cc to each buttock on a patient that was 122 pounds.

Dennis Dass, MD

High Volume Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

From your pictures, it does not seem as if 2,000 cc of pure fat could be obtained. More importantly your buttocks may not be able to accept this much in one session. Overfilling usually results in fat graft loss and fatty necrosis (palpable bumps). If you desire significant buttock projection, you may require an implant in combination with the BBL.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

+1

A 1000 cc's per cheek not possible as I see on your posted photos. Best to return to your chosen surgeon to fully understand fat grafting. Maybe a few operative sessions you could obtain that vamount of injections. 

Weight gain should not be necessary

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I think you will get a very nice result with the current amount of fat you have.  I would not focus too much on the volume of fat placed as much as on the overall result.  You may have enough fat to place 1000 ml per side but at the same time your tissues may not allow a single session placement of that much--at least without going to wide.  I would recommend just maintaining your current weight.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Gaining weight may be your only option

+1

Based on your height and weight and the photos you submitted, it is hard to see where there is enough extra fat for a brazillian butt lift, especially if you are hoping to have 1000 cc of fat injected on each side.

I agree with others that weight gained beforehand may not last after you return to normal activity and exercise.  Make sure to discuss your goals with your surgeon before hand.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Should I gain weight for the BBL?

+1

After reviewing your photos and your height and weight I am not sure if there is enough donor fat to transfer 1000cc per cheek. But you should not be stuck on a number. You should have  the maximal amount donor fat transferred that is available and that the buttocks will allow. When planning to gain weight, should this something that you would still wish to do, then you need to gain at least 15 pounds to really make a difference. Gaining 5-10 pounds will not result in much increase in donor fat. You should consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Weight gain

+1

Gaining weight is not typically something I recommend however if the distribution of fat makes sense, I will.

You are eventually going to lose the weight again however the theory is that the distribution of the fat is more favorable.

From the photographs it does not appear that 1000 mL of fact will be possible.

Best wishes

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Butt lift

+1

I have no idea why I the world you would want to gain weight prior to your surgery, unless your reason is to provide more fat for the Brazilian butt lift.  From a man's perspective, the thinner the better. The Brazilian butt lift is a lame procedure and I advise against it altogether.  You look like a good candidate for the tummy tuck and some lipo from your outer thighs.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD