Should I Gain Weight to Get a Brazillian Butt Lift?

I am 5'6, 125 pounds with little fat to harvest. I was hoping for a drastic change to my butt size. Would it be recommended I gain weight prior to surgery for optimum results? Also, is it possible to use fat from another person?

Brazilian Butt Lift is limited in thin patients.

+1

Gaining weight for a Brazilian Butt Lift may increase the amount of fatty tissue in your body, but may also be detrimental to your health and future problems with weight. A Brazilian butt lift requires molding of the waist with liposuction. In thin patients, the combination of buttock implants and fat grafting is often necessary for best results.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift and drastic change

+1

Drastic change with a BBL involves having enough fat to harvest and the ability to contour around the buttocks with liposuction to make it more prominent.  Weight gain can help but I am always reluctant to encourage Americans to can weight.  Buttocks implants can produce a more drastic change but many people are against using an implant.  BBL can be done more than once to augment the result.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain for surgery.

+1

I typically do not recommend weight gain prior to surgery for several reasons.  1. You want to be healthy for surgery, 2. You don't really know where you will put down the fat and whether it will be available for harvest.  3. You might put fat down on the inside, and then your waist will not be treatable by surgery.

Unfortunately, you cannot use fat from another person.  You might be a better candidate for a gluteal implant.  Sometimes we can find more fat then you would expect, and you might be a candidate for Brazilian Butt lift.

Dennis Dass, MD

Weight Gain for Brazilian Buttlift?

+1

Weight gain is ok if you maintain the weight after the surgery so that you can maintain the results.  You cannot use someone else's fat.  Sorry.  However, there are some 120 lb women I have suctioned 5 liters.  This really depends upon how small a frame you have.  In person consultation would give you a precise answer.  Website photos are instructive as to how dramatic the transformation can be.

To Gain or Not to Gain for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Judging from your height-to- weight ratio, I would recommend gaining at least 5 to 10 pounds. However, I have been able to harvest quite a bit of fat from patients who think they are thin. The numbers as far as weight and height are not always as important as the amount and location of quality pinchable fat!.

On my website I have thin, medium, and much heavier patient body types to demonstrate that BBL is possible in "almost" anyone.

It really depends on your goals. If you want a dramatic increase in size and simply improving your shape is not enough then gain a few. I have some recommendations I give my patients on how to gain weight and judge if they are candidate. We do this as a virtual consult (over the internet; Skype etc.) for those that live out of town.

Be prepared to travel (if necessary) to find a surgeon that is "truly" experienced in BBL. It will be well worth it.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Can I get a BBL if I am thin?

+1

You need to have "donor" fat in order to get a brazilian butt lift.  If you are looking for a drastic change and video vixen butt, then you will need a good amount of fat. The good news is that those of us who do a lot of BBLs are really good at finding those hidden areas of fat. Without seeing you, I can't tell for sure if you have enough fat. You should go to a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in BBLs. Unfortunately, we can't use fat from someone else. I recommend against gaining weight for BBLs because that fat may not stay.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Fat Transfer options

+1

Hi Cherry,

Generally, if there isn't enough fat to transfer, the procedure should not be attempted. Some weight gain may be helpful to allow your doctor to transfer the fat to the buttocks. Generally 5 pounds or so. However, some women gain their weight intraabdominally ( around the internal organs) and this weight is harmful and cannot be safely removed by liposuction.
You cannot use someone else's fat. It has to be your own.

Hope that is helpful to you. Take care.

drbennettyang

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon