Is it worth gaining weight before brazilian butt lift?

A doctor in france told me that it is useless to gain weight before a fat transfer because only the fat which is in the body for a very long time has a chance to stay more than 1 year after the fat transfer. Is it true? thank you in advance

+1
My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals.

On some occasions patients who are devoid of the fat cells necessary for the BBL are asked to gain weight. This however is not indicative of survival rate or post-surgical success metrics. I have had certain patients gain weight so that we had enough fat to transfer.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You. 

+1
Gaining weight for aesthetic enhancement is not healthy. I do not believe it is the right thing to ask patients to gain weight so that fat can be utilized for fat injection. That extra far can affect the rest of your body including your coronary arteries. 
Fat grafting remains an evolving technique. No sufficient evidence yet to proof certain fat cell type, age or location will achieve the best results. Also, the long term survival of fat cells is under investigation 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Weight gain and BBL

+1
It is always best to be at your goal weight. I think what you are referring to, is having fat injected and then losing weight to get down to your pre treatment weight. In this case, there is a risk that the fat injected may deflate as well.

+1

I have about 12 Brazilian butt lift a week, most of which i ask patients to gain weight in order to get the results they are looking for. I do not find this to be the case for the gaining of the fat. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD