Gain Weight and Use the Fat for Brazilian Lift for 35yo Male?

Hello Drs. So can the resulting fat from the weight gain be used successfully to create a somewhat more fuller look (in particular the lower buttocks area)? My concern is that too much of the fat used for the procedure will be re-absorbed when I get back to my baseline weight, and in particular gaining muscle weight after many months of training in the gym. Thank you for responding to my concern. samk320

Do NOT gain weight for Fat Transfer/Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You are correct, you should not gain weight simply to have more fat available for transfer as it will shrink again when you loose weight later. A stable baseline is always the best way for a predictable result.

BBL

+1

Patients who are normal in height and weight or slightly overweight are the best candidates for the BBL

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Weight gain and weight loss can affect the results of fat transfer. The fat that stays can loose volume and can gain volume

+1

In general, I do not recommend weight gain prior to the Brazilian buttlift due the reason you mentioned.   You will find that the fat that is removed and the amount removed is very much surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA