Will I Gain Efficiency if I Get Both Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty at the Same Time?

I'm Asian American and have always wanted rhinoplasty to change the shape of my nose. I want a narrower and less bulbous tip. I also have some fat on my eyelids that make them look puffy. I want to alter my features yet still keeping my ethnic look. Will I gain any benefits if I get both my nose and eyelids done at the same time? Will there be much cost savings with combining them?

Combined procedures

+2

Combining cosmetic procedures is done all the time in order to save time and money. I would not want to do a lower lid bleph at the same time as a rhinoplasty if an infracturing of the lateral nasal wall is planned because the swelling from this will distort the lower lid area.

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty & Blepharoplasty

+1

It is quite common to perform a rhinoplasty and a blepharoplasty in my Asian patients. The ability to provide a very defined and symmetric supratarsal fold in the upper eyelid concomitant with dorsal augmentation in Asian patients is a dramatic improvement in the facial appearance of these patients. These can be done as an outpatient procedure. Often I will use a non-surgical approach such as hyaluronic acid filler for the Asian dorsal augmentation which will last for several years, I prefer to use Restylane. The blepharoplasty can be done concomitantly as an outpatient procedure.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty performed at same time

+1

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty can both be done at the same time.  It is very common in our practice to have both procedures performed concurrently.  This will allow the patient to have one recovery time, which will last approximately 2 weeks.  The bruising and swelling from both the nose and the eyelids usually subsides at the end of 2 weeks.  There is some cost savings when both procedures are done together, especially when the operating room cost and anesthesia are combined.  

+1

Will I Gain Efficiency if I Get Both Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty at the Same Time?  I'm not sure you can call it efficient unless you want both procedures done to save time and money because those would be the two positives of combining your Rhinoplasty with an Asian Blepharoplasty.

Combination surgery

+1

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty can be done at the same time, and you will likely save money on anesthesia and facility fees (as well as only go through one recovery phase).

Michelle Spring, MD

Ethnic

+1

Yes  You will save time an sholud save money. I do combination surgeries similar to this all the time and they work out well

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Eyelid Surgery and Rhinoplasty

+1

Metula,

There is no contraindication to having eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty at the same time, so you should have no safety concerns.  In addition, you will probably save money in anesthesia time by doing them together. 

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon