How much would i have to gain to get a bbl?

I am interested in getting a BBL. I naturally petite, I am 5' and have always weighed between 88 and 90 lbs. I went on a diet to gain weight and I'm now 100lbs. I'm not looking for extreme results and I'm looking for more injections in the hip area. What would be the ideal weight for a a small framed 5", woman looking to get a bbl?

Ideal weight for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

It sounds like you need to gain at least another 20 pounds.  Remember buttocks implants are always a great alternative.  Good luck.

Gaining weight for BBL

+1

I don't recommend gaining weight in preparation for BBL.  The problem is that as you gain weight, your waist may get larger, which is counterproductive.  You might be a better candidate for buttock augmentation with implants.

Dennis Dass, MD

Do you have enough extra fat for a BBL?

+1

You certainly sound very skinny and it may be that you just don't have enough fat to donat to yourself. You really need to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Brazilian Butt Lifts and does 4-5 per week. Those of us that specialize in this have become very good at finding those "hidden" fat pockets. I am often surprised by how much fat I am able to get, even in my super skinny patients. You may not be able to get as dramatic a result as you want though.

Matthew Schulman, MD

BBL and weight gain for results

+1

Liposuction and fat transfer are tailored very specifically for each patient. While the goal is contour, larger patients can get more significant results simply due to the quatity of fat being removed and replaced.  Someone much smaller, like yourself, is likely to get a really nice contour, but not a significant volume change.  A few pounds of weight loss or weight gain will probably not change your ultimate result.  Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before buttock augmentation

+1

It's difficult to give you any recommendations with seeing photos or examining you. Based on your height and weight, you should benefit from reshaping for sure, however you will not be able to achieve a very large size buttock-which it sounds like you do not want anyway. Adding volume to the hip area can give you more of a curvaceous look. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can carefully examine you and determine the best approach for your specific anatomy.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

+1

Our fat cells are NOTHING more than storage areas. A large wman/woman reflects a situation where the person ate much more than they burned off and the excess calories are stored in expanded storage (ieFAT) cells. The opposite applies as well. A thin person has empty or near empty fat cells EITHER because the do not eat OR because they burned off everything they eat.

In other words, when our physical activity burns off everything we eat or more, the fat cells are flat. When we eat more than we burn off, our fat cells become large and we gain weight.

In my opinion, it makes NO sense to gain weight before a Brazilian Buttt lift UNLESS you plan on maintaining this weight. If you are planning on going back to the gym and burning off the excess weight after the surgery, the volume of the fat cells in the entire body will shrink INCLUDING those in your buttocks.

So - for thin / or pettite women, depending on your anatomy and size, you may be a much better candidate for a buttock implant than BBL.

Good Luck.

Peter a. Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Weight for Brazilian Buttlift

+1

If the gained weight has been distributed in the areas available for liposuction, you likely can have a Brazilian buttlift.  If you are looking for more conservative results, you may be a good candidate.  An exam would probably be necessary to determine this.   Just be aware that you should maintain your newfound weight after surgery to maintain the results.  Find the surgeon with the best credentials who has performed hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts.

Brazilian Butt Lift, candidate

+1

Extreme results are usually not possible on petite patients since the Brazilian Butt Lift not only shapes the buttocks and hips but also reduces the surrounding waist and thighs when indicated.

Significant amounts of fat need to be redistributed to make significant changes.

Weight gain solely for the reason to increase the amount of fat that can be transferred is risky as the fat transferred may be lost once a patient loses the weight gained.

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Gaining Weight for BBL

+1

Without seeing pictures or seeing you in consultation, it is impossible to give you recommendations.  Weight is just one factor.  We must also determine your anatomy, skin elasticity, fat distribution, health for surgery, etc.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Without pictures or physical exam it would be difficult to advise you. You need to think of BBL as a body contouring surgery. As for weight gain that would depend where you gain weight and if it is available for liposuction and transfer to the buttocks for shaping and enhancing the volume.