2 Weeks Post-Op, Can I Gain Better Asymmetry? (photo)

I am currantly 12 days post op from breast englargement surgery I have scoliosis of the spine so my chest wall stick out further on the left side my ps thought it was best to use two different implant types I had a moderate 330cc put into the left and a high profile 345cc put into the right at present I am very unhappy with results as the moderate side looks lots bigger and fuller I'm not convinced it was such a great idea any advice or input will be great

It looks like you are improving

+2

Hello. 12 days is not near enough time for the implants to settle. Judging from the pictures you are improving.  Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Asymmetry

+2

Yes, there is still a lot of asymmetry but at this point it is best to allow things to heal first and re-evaluate again.

Scoliosis and Breast Augmentation

+2

I would say that the plan was not a bad idea at its premise.  As far as execution of the plan, I can see improvement in the photos and I anticipate that you may continue to improve.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Can I Gain Better Asymmetry?

+2

Yes, but be patient, and let the results of the current surgery settle before making any plan. 

I note significant improvement between day 5 and day 12, and more may follow. 

Breast surgery is always a challenge in patients with scoliosis. In the breasts look the same unclothed, the side with the more prominent rib cage with look larger in clothes. If even in clothing, the unclothed breasts will be more uneven. Finding the right compromise is not easy, and what pleases the surgeon may not please the patient. It is very common to need a second touch up procedure in this setting. 

I do think there is more than 15 cc difference in the breast size before surgery, so I will guess that after these settle (3-6 months) choosing an implant 100 cc or so larger for the right side will improve the symmetry. Any other advice will depend on the breast appearance at that time.

All the best. 

2 Weeks Post-Op, Can I Gain Better Asymmetry

+1

You are very asymmetric prior to surgery so you can not expect in only one surgery to be perfect. You will need a second operation, especially in your case.