Are Gag Orders Ethical, Nonetheless Legal?

I have seen plastic surgeons that require you--at the consultation--to sign a form that effectively grants the PS the IP rights to whatever you say about him/her. This includes the right to review/edit what you publish AND presumably, since your words are now in the doctor's possession, the right to remove said statements from websites/media. If acceptable, how are patients to ever rely, or view objectively, the info provided by the internet regarding the PS and his/her work?

Gag orders between patients and doctors

+2

This is likely a response to the increasing and increasingly unreliable online physician rating, ranking and review sites. I have not heard of this approach for dealing with the problem. I don't that signed contract is enforceable because it goes against the right to freedom of speech.