Will tummy tuck help my stomach? I'm 5ft weigh 145. Had colon resection in 2007 (Photo)

Will tummy tuck help flaten stomach? Will it get rid of the part hanging down on the bottom of stomach? Could some lipo be done on the top part of stomach?

Tummy tuck after colectomy

+2
Thank you for your question and photographs.  A tummy tuck and possible liposuction would be the best procedure to correct the problems that you have.

However you need a thorough examination and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate the possible effects of your vertical scar and to evaluate you to make certain that there is no hernia, significant adherent scarring or other problems related to your colectomy.

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+2
Based on your photos, in my opinion, you are an excellent candidate for TT-- muscle tightening--- and flank liposuction. Tummy Tuck will remove the "hanging down" portion of your abdominal wall. The muscle tightening will assist and help to flatten the abdominal wall--- but may not completely flatten it in a vertical fashion.  you may ned additional muscle exercises to further flatten the stomach.  Flank Liposuction will assist in giving you an additional curve and improve your waist line appearance. In addition, you belly button will improve in appearance and the colon scar from the belly button down will be removed. You will though have the lower curved incision for the Tummy Tuck.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Tummy tuck after previous surgery

+2
Based on your photographs, it appears that an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with some associated liposuction would significantly improve the appearance of your abdomen.  The midline scar that you currently have would be shortened, but not completely removed.  An examination would be helpful in determining how much of the abdominal "bulge" is related to skin/subcutaneous fat versus bulging of the muscles/intra-abdominal fat.   I would suggest that you consider a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to more fully explore your options.  Best of luck!

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+2
Based on your pictures alone, I believe you can get a satisfactory result with liposuction and/or a tummy tuck. Liposuction can be performed around your torso, the front and the back. Liposuction can give you a better shape and contour with minimal scars. The downside of liposuction is the relaxation of the skin. The total cost of two hour liposuction in my NJ practice in $6000. The fee includes the Board Certified Professional fee, B/C anesthesia fee, and Medicare approved surgicenter fee.

An abdominoplasty with a little flank liposuction will give you a flatter abdomen with tighter musculature and tighter skin with a scar from hip to hip. The surgery would remove most but not all of your vertical abdominal scar. Your health insurance may partially cover the procedure if you are deemed to have a ventral wall weakness or hernia. Otherwise the abdominoplasty and flank liposuction would cost a total of $7800. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Will Help

+2
Thank you for your pictures.  I believe that a full tummy tuck can help you improve your appearance.  Liposuction may or may not be necessary.  The midline scar will be shortened and below your belly button.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy tuck

+2
Assuming you are in good health, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and should anticipate a dramatic improvement in your contours.  Liposuction would further enhance your result and give you a much better waistline and reduce the upper abdominal bulge.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

TT after colon resection

+2
Your photos show loose skin, a well healed vertical midline scar, and a central "bulge" which extends fairly wide side to side and goes from the xiphoid to the pubis.  It is hard to tell from photos alone whether the "bulge" is due to excessive subcutaneous fat, stretched abdominal muscles, excessive intra-abdominal fat, or some combination of the above.  A tummy tuck would certainly correct the skin excess.  To flatten the tummy a rectus muscle plication and/or liposuction would be indicated depending on the cause of the bulge.  This would have to be determined with a good physical exam.  If too much fat internally is a main component, this can only be corrected with weight loss.

To receive the proper treatment it is critical that you have a consultation with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon with lots of tummy tuck experience.  Good luck.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

+2
Yes is the answer to all of your questions. You should expect the abdominoplasty to flatten your abdomen, and get rid of the loose hanging skin at the bottom. Liposuction can be done at the same time if needed.
Additionally, it will remove most of your vertical scar.

Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Abdominal Contouring

+2
From your photos it appears that you will benefit from an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  It will be very important to perform a through physical exam on you to ensure that you do not have any hernias after your abdominal surgery.  In addition, you would need to be sure that you are fit for surgery and not a smoker to avoid unnecessary complications.  There are multiple techniques for a TT that you will discuss with your surgeon after an examination is performed.  You will likely have a very nice result after your TT.  

Good Luck, 

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after colon resection

+2
You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. You can have liposuction of the upper abdomen as well. It is important to make sure you don't have a small hernia prior to surgery. Good luck!

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon