Is It Normal to Have Small Bumps (hard Areas) After Cellulaze? Will This Go Away?

I had cellulaze just over 3 weeks ago and still have some bruising and sore when I rub the areas and sitting. What concerns me are the small bumps on the back of my thighs and butt where I had the cellulaze. What causes this and will it go away? Is it scar tissue? I can feel it and it is visible. Is there anything I should be doing to help it go away? I am taking Arnica and using the cream. Also will I do any damage if I start back weight training?

Small bumps after Cellulaze

+2

It's normal to still experience some lumps and firmness of the treated areas at 3 weeks post treatment. I advise my patients to start lymphatic drainage massage therapy which helps reduce the swelling and indurations. It may take 6 to 8 weeks for the bumps to go away. At 3 weeks post Cellulaze you should be able to resume weight training but always check with your surgeon first.

Lumps after Cellulaze

+2

Thank you for your question. 3 weeks is considered early in the postoperative period. The healing process after Cellulaze treatments follows different stages and you are just starting what we call the remodeling phase that takes 6 months to a year. This is why the optimal results are seen at six month. It should significantly improve over the next months. Arnica is a good supplement to the treatment.  Also I would wait a month prior to returning to weight training.  

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Cellulaze

+2

Recovery after Cellulaze takes a while, so be patient.  Bruises and bumps are common after any surgical or minimally invasive procedure, but it is best to see your surgeon to examine you and guide your recovery.  At this point, weight training should be fine, although you will still have some discomfort.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Recovery

+2

It is not unusual to have some bumps after a Cellulaze procedure.  I use manual lymphatic drainage on all my patients with Cellulaze and liposuction.  I have found that this is a pro-active treatment to reduce pain, swelling and bumps.  Each physician will treat these areas differently but I do allow my patients to go back to weight training 4 weeks after Cellulaze.

Bumps after Cellulaze

+2

Your Cellulaze results can take up to 6 months to be fully healed. It is normal to have swelling and bruising 3 weeks after this procedure. Please be patient and set up your follow up appointment with your surgeon.

Post Cellulaze

+1
Hello. In my plastic surgery practice in the San Francisco Bay Area, we encourage all Cellulaze patients to have either lymphatic drainage massage and/or Velashape treatments beginning as early as 3 week after the procedure. We have found it definitely speeds recovery, breaks up scar tissue and patients are uniformly happy with the results. This of course will need to be supplemented with massage on your own of the treated areas on a daily basis. Best of luck, Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Healing after Cellulaze

+1

It is not unusual to be lumpy and bumpy after Cellulaze for a number of weeks.  This can be all part of the normal healing process.  It is always best to follow up in person with the surgeon that performed your procedure for a more accurate answer as to what may be happening in your specific case.  In general oral arnica pellets and cream are good to use during your recovery to help speed the resolution of bruises and swelling.  Most patients can start back to their workouts after 3 weeks but I would suggest follow up with your surgeon first so that they may give you the go ahead.   Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.cellulitesurgeon.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.