Future Hyperpigmentation from the Fraxel Restore

After my 3rd Restore (25,30,35) in early June, I developed PIH (overall bronzing as well) which is resolving the hydroquinone (Clear) and Nia 24. I plan to add Retin A in the fall to help strengthen my skin. With that said, if I maintain my regimen through the fall and spring, will any future sun exposure put me at risk for developing the same PIH (or overall bronzing) as from the restore? I understand sun saftey but I have a very active, outdoors family.

Sun protection and laser photorejuvenation

+1

It is almost impossible to protect yourself from the sun's elements with just using sunscreen. During photorejuvenation, the skin is more susceptible to injury. Therefore, it is imortant to protect your investment when having Fraxel Restore, Fraxel Dual, or Fraxel Repair, by using a combination of sunscreens, inorganic and orgainic, limiting sun exposure to early and late hours, and using protective clothing, during treatment and for a year after. It is possible to receive great results from treatment in stubborn pigmentation disorders, only to see a quick recurrence after being exposed to sunshine without adequate sun protection.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.