Digital Rhinoplasty Image - Is This Possible for Me?

Prior Rhino in 06 left me with breathing probs. I've hard time breathing-out right nostril, or breath heavily & a lot of mucus. I rarely breath out both nostrils at once & its usually fugacious. Met with a doctor who confirmed I have deviated septum & deviated columella and provided me with a Digital Picture of my future Post Op Rhinoplasty (hope you can see it). My last Rhino Doc did not touch much of my nose just did work around the tip & I do have my OR report. Do u think this can be fixed?

Digital Rhinoplasty

+1

Although digital imaging does not guarantee results, it can be helpful in discussing goals and establishing reasonable expectations. We have a system called "facetouchup" on our website. Your nose can be improved with rhinoplasty.

Imaging is not surgery--only what the surgeon is trying to do.

+1

Imaging is not surgery--only what the surgeon is trying to do. Your goals and the image are fine,, the question is can the surgeon achieve this. Look at the work he has done on other patients with your problem. That is a better was to make a decision than imaging.   

Digital computer imaging can be very useful in Rhinoplasty

+1

I find that computer imaging is very helpful to discuss potential results in Rhinoplasty. It is important to be honest with the computer and subsequently the patient. I try to demonstrate realistic results during the imaging. Imaging is also an excellent way to see if the patient's goals match what I think will make an attractive nose that fits the face. Finally it helps me as well to determine if potential surgical maneuvers, dictated by years of learning and reading on the subject, will actually work for this individual patient.  

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

+1

Regarding: "Digital Rhinoplasty Image - Is This Possible for Me?
Prior Rhino in 06 left me with breathing probs. I've hard time breathing-out right nostril, or breath heavily & a lot of mucus. I rarely breath out both nostrils at once & its usually fugacious. Met with a doctor who confirmed I have deviated septum & deviated columella and provided me with a Digital Picture of my future Post Op Rhinoplasty (hope you can see it). My last Rhino Doc did not touch much of my nose just did work around the tip & I do have my OR report. Do u think this can be fixed
?"

You do not need to be a nose specialist to see the deviation of the septum into the right airway. I'm not clear WHY your first surgeon would choose to operate on the tip and leave this unrepaired. To correctly advise you on what is called for an examination inside the nose is called for. But, it is reasonable to assume that if the septum can be brought to the midline and there are no other hidden issues your nose can be significantly improved.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Digital imaging of postoperative rhinopalsty result

+1

From the image you have posted, I believe that a reasonable facsimile of your projected post operative result is reasonable and could be achieved.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes I do think your nose can be improved. It looks like you have a Deviated nasal bridge toward the right, a left leaning collumela and asymmetric nostrils. As well your internal septum may be deviated. That said, I think you can have all this improved with a revision rhinoplasty. The only part of your nose that may not be improved is the asymmetric nostrils. Make sure you find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Ali:

The picture on the middle does show a deviated columella, but it does not show the obstruction. Probably because of the picture. Since you had tip work in the past I would make sure that the obstruction is not only from the septum, but also from the lateral wall of your nose.

All that being said, I believe both problems, the breathing and the crooked columella can be repaired.

Dr SIegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon