Is this normal after 6 weeks? (photo)

I had neck liposuction 6 weeks ago. The area under my chin is still terribly swollen. Is this normal after 6 weeks? " I saw my doctor last week and he said I just have to be patient...

Liposuction and Swelliing

+1

There are no hard and fast rules for Smart Lipo, as every patients body reacts differently. Some patients see results immediately while it can take time for others. I typically tell my patients that will see a difference by the 4-6 weeks mark. It can sometimes take as long as 3 months to see the final results.

Swelling after neck liposuction

+1
  • Your before photo shows only a little fat.
  • The after liposuction shows a large area was treated.
  • You have a lot of swelling.
  • Ask your surgeon to aspirate the area to be sure you do not have fluid.
  • Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lumpy Neck Post Chin Liposuction

+1
If the lumpiness is hard, it is probably fat necrosis and will resolve with time and massage.
If it is fluid, it should be aspirated/

Consult your surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon