Fuller VS Larger - Revision? (photo)

I got 286cc two months ago and this brought me from a 30/32A to a 30D. However, I have still been feeling like my breasts are small since day one. What I have realized is I want them fuller, not necessarily larger (I want to fill out clothes better). If I'm not necessarily looking for cup size increase, but fullness, how many more cc's would I need to be fuller?

Increased Fullness Means Increased Size

+2

Thank you.  You would have to increase your implant size to achieve the fullness that you want. You really need to revisit this issue with your operating plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Dr. ES

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” or "fuller" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Revision breast augmentation - fuller vs. larger?

+2

If by fuller you mean rounder in the upper portion of your breasts, changing your implants from midrange profile (which is a guess based upon the size implant you mentioned - 286cc) to high profile will increase upper pole fullness.  The change, however, would also increase the projection of your breasts.  Keeping the implant diameter the same (11.7cm), a high profile implant would be 375cc.

I would recommend that you discuss your desired outcome in detail with your surgeon.  You may also find that reviewing photographs can be helpful to be sure that the surgeon understands the look that you are trying to achieve.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Full vs large

+2

To increase in fullness would require a larger implant. Being fuller is being larger. I would suggest that you discuss your size concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fuller VS Larger - Revision?

+1

New implants at 375 to 400 cc range would be my recommendation. But best to obtain a few IN PERSON consults. 

Implant selection

+1

I think that you need to be very specific about what you want.  That is why a thorough discussion in person is essential.

Revision augmentation surgery

+1

Fuller vs Larger cannot be addressed without knowing what style implant was used in your case.  Regardless, you do have a nice results in terms of aesthetics.  Can using a padded brassiere buy you time as you adjust?  If you're truly just wanting to be larger, another surgery will be required.  If you had a great experience, see your surgeon as many do offer perks for returning patients.

Curtis Wong, MD

Desiring a larger breast size

+1

If you are not happy with the breast implant that was used in your surgery then this should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.  In general using an implant that is less than 100 cc larger can be a waste of time, money and effort.