How to Get Fuller Cheeks? (photo)

I just had a vertical facelift including a neck lift a couple of months ago. I am very satisfied with the result, but I was wondering if there is a way of further improve the results, maybe by adding some volume to my cheeks? They are still a bit flat, at least I think. Will fat transfer be beneficial, or just filler, something else, or should I leave it the way it is? I am posting a pic so you can tell which procedure will be best for me.

Happy Cheeks!

+3

I think fuller cheeks would be a great idea!  I love your face and I thinnk whoever did your facelift did a great job.  Your self-actualization of fuller cheeks is correct, you need volume in the mid face, this will make you appear to have better bone structure and a happier look!

Personally, I am a fan of the following for this area:

• Fillers like Juvederm and Radiasse
  • Fat transfer if you have some extra to spare
  • Cheek implants, if you have some down time to spare as this may bruise you..

You are right on target, thanks for the question.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Get Fuller Cheeks?

+1

Aestheically speaking, I concur with your decision to augment your cheeks.  From the photo, your cheeks are both flat with the left less full than the right.  I use Perlane to fill out the cheeks but the filler must IMHO be placed in the proper aesthetic positiion and in the proper amount to create a more aesthetically shaped and sized cheek.  Cheek Implants would give a permanent augmentation.  I do not use or recommend permanent fillers or fat transfer (injections) because of the unreliabilty or shifting problems.  Hope this helps.

Fuller Cheeks after facelift is complementary

+1

I think that a modest increased volume of your cheeks and lower lid cheek junction would be of benefit to restoring a more youthful appearance. Fat Grafting (fat transfer) by lipoinjection can improve your acquired indentations but is not totally predictable. You will have to weigh Fillers vs Fat Grafting.

Pro: Fat Transfer by lipoinjection is more of a permanent solution.                                  
    Con: Because the amount of fat that survives is variable you may need to do additional treatments. Further as the fat transferred behaves like fat from the donor site, if you gain a lot of weight the fat transfer will also increase with volume.
Pro: Fillers: such as Radiesse, Jeuvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Sculptra and others can give you an idea of your improvement and if you are unhappy with it, it will dissipate over time.                                                                

Con: Because they are not permanent you will have to have these areas re-injected over time.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Fuller cheeks following face lift

+1

It appears that you have had a lovely result from your face lift.  But, I believe you are correct that a moderate cheek enhancement may further improve your result.  As my colleagues have stated, this can be accomplished with injectable fillers, free fat transfer, or surgical implants.  of these options injectable fillers would be the least expensive/invasive and if you are not pleased with the result, the fillers do resorb over time.  Of the various fillers, I have found that Radiesse works well in this area.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

How Do I Get Fuller Cheeks?

+1

Dear Lolita2010,

A cheek lift can help lift, enhance, and restore the volume to your cheeks to give you a more youthful, refreshed, and beautiful look.

Options for achieving a cheek lift include fillers (eg. Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse), fat transfer, and cheek implants.

Please consult with an experienced, Board Certified specialist to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Cheek Volumizers

+1

Dear Lolita,

Yes, the cheeks can have volume added to them with fat or fillers.

I prefer fat transfer because it is natural looking and lasts much longer than fillers

I would recommend waiting until all of the swelling goes down from your previous surgery 

This way, the doctor can accurately place the necessary amount of volume so you look great.

Best Regards

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Fuller Cheeks

+1

To revolumize the cheeks, fat grafting, facial fillers, or implants can enhance your appearance and restore your youthfulness.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help guide you to achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Fuller Cheeks

+1

You can improve the contour of your cheeks with fillers, fat injection, or  properly sized cheek implants. Consult with a surgeon who is experienced in all techniques to determine what is best for you.