Do I Need a Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am done having children and have lost 30 lbs planning to loose another 30, but as you see I have loose skin. Would I require a full tummy tuck to get rid of this?

Tummy tuck indications after childbirth and pregnancy

+1

Almost all women who choose to have a tummy tuck after pregnancy usually need a full tummy tuck in order to tighten loose abdominal muscles, remove lower abadominal skin and stretch marks. I usually combine a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and lower back in order to give my patients a more curveceous figure!

Web reference: http://www.anewfigure.com

Do I Need a Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

You might be able to have extended mini tummy tuck with upper abdomen liposuction. But ONLY in person evaluations can determine if that is a viable option. 

No short cuts to a good outcome

+1

You need full tummy tuck and liposuction of flanks.  There are no short cuts to perfection.  Any compromise to real opeartion that you need will result in suboptimal outcome.  

Do I Need a Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

I think that a shorter scar tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and possibly the back will get you the best possible result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to determine which plastic surgeon can get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Yes, you will benefit from tummy tuck surgery when you have achieved a long-term stable weight. Because this operation is associated with a significant physical and emotional recovery some words of advice may be helpful to you when the time is right:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Tummy tuck is needed

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! I would suggest before deciding to proceed with surgery that you complete your weight loss.  After that a full tummy tuck would help take away that loose skin and tighten your core.  Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or Lipo

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photo.  Congratulations on losing the weight. The answer to your question will depend on the condition of your skin when you have lost the weight that you want to lose.  If there is loose skin, liposuction alone may only leave more loose skin.  In that case, an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck with liposuction will be the procedure of choice to repair the effects of pregnancy on your abdomen.

This procedure combines liposuction wit tightening of the skin and repair of weakness of the abdominal muscle which get stretched during pregnancy.

Best of luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or lipo?

+1

Hi there, Great job on losing the weight so far.

It is likely you might want a tummy tuck when you're at your goal weight, but it is not 100% certain. 

You do not have a large diastasis, and the appearance of your tummy above the belly button is very good.  You have maintained tyour waist shape.  What we can see is some fullness of the flanks post pregnancy, and a loose bulge below the belly button.  If you were at your goal weight now you'd need a tt, but I would keep an open mind until you're at your goal.

It may be that it will look fine, or you might even be a candidate for some flank lipo and a short scar mini.

Having said that, if you would like your skin to be as firm as it can be, then a tt is the most likely event.

All the very best, and keep up the good work.

Howard Webster

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Loose Abdominal Skin

+1

The only treatment of loose skin anywhere on the body is removal. Therefore, yes, you will need a full tummy tuck when you are finished losing weight. Congratulations, by the way, on what you have done thus far. Keep up the good work.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a full tummy tuck?

+1

Your photo shows that you actually look quite good after your pregnancy. Here is the dilemma that young women face after pregnancy. Do I want to make my abdomen flatter with a less invasive procedure or do I want the maximal tightening possible at the cost of a long transverse scar? If you have liposuction you can get rid of the lower abdominal bulge and improve the contour significantly with the tiniest scars, but you will still be able to grab a "pinch" of skin when you bend over. If you have a full abdominoplasty, your belly will be very flat and tight but it will require a scar from hip to hip. Liposuction will be a simple rapid recovery, tummy tuck will take 4-6 weeks. Only you can decide what best fits your lifestyle.

Diana L. Elias MD

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon