Full Tummy Tuck VS Mini Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Ideally I would prefer a mini tummy tuck but I don't think I can get away with it if I want good results. I am 5'1 weigh, normally weighing 115-120 pounds but I have gained an additional 10 pounds. I will be going in for a tummy tuck & Brazilian butt lift. From weight loss and child bearing my I have plenty of excess skin. No amount of exercise seems to be able to get rid of this fat. Is it possible for me to benefit from a mini tummy tuck with lipo ?

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Tummy tuck vs mini

+1

You would be better off with a full tummy tuck. I don't think you would be happy with a mini, there is too much skin there and you would not see improvemen in the upper abdomen area with a mini. I agree that a Barzilian Butt lift would also help your appearance but you should do that first to alow fat harvesting from the abdomen and then wait 6 weeks before the tummy tuck.

W. John Bull, MD

Shop for a surgeon- not the operation

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you it would be difficult to responsibly say for sure, but your photos suggest a significant excess extending from your ribs to your pelvis.

If this were verified on exam, there is no doubt that your outcome would be much better with a more extensive abdominoplasty.

The only way to know for sure would be to visit a talented Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Full tummy tuck and buttock fat grafting will be a good choice

+1
Hello, You are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and buttocks fat grafting. The length of the tummy tuck incision, although important should not be your primary focus. Remember to always chose the incision that gives you the best result. When a full tummy tuck is performed properly the incision will be very thin and very low well hidden by your bikini bottoms. A full tummy tuck will also allow you to rejuvenate your belly button and the upper half of your abdomen. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mini- vs. Full Tummy Tuck

+1

You would be far better served by a full tummy tuck. You have too much lower abdominal skin to get your desired result by any under the umbilicus skin excisional pattern. While there is nothing wrong with getting a mini-tummy tuck with liposuction, you should adjust your expectations accordingly. Do you want a longer horizontal scar with a near flat abdomen or a smaller lower abdominal scar with residual loose skin and an abdomen that is not as flat as possible?

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Mini results vs Max results

+1

You would definitely benefit from a full tummy tuck.  Don't even contemplate a mini, you will not be happy.  In my practice if you are going to do a BBL and tummy tuck I separate the procedures. This is because I don't want you sitting on your butt for two weeks after I make it look great. So do the BBL first so that the fat from the abdomen can be harvested.  Then a month or more later do the full tummy tuck with some additional sculpting liposuction for awesome results.

Good luck, and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Mini tuck is for mini issues

+1
Thanks for the photos. Your photos indicate that you would benefit from a full abdominoplasty with liposuction. The mini-tuck is suitable for patients who have lower abdomen issues only. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

When is a Mini Tummy Tuck Okay and What is a MINI.

+1

A mini tummy tuck is okay if the patient has mini expectations.  Mini does mini.  Period.  I prefer the full tummy tuck for 90% of patients but a few may benefit best with mini.   A woman or man with lower rectus separation plus a nice belly button plus a low skin flap may benefit nicely with a mini. In an abdomen that is mostly corrected with liposuction, a mini may add a nice touch. An older person may best be served with the more conservative and less invasive mini abdominoplasty.   So surgeons must remain open minded and think what is the very best and safest for the patient.  What is a mini anyway? A Mini is a small version of the standard tummy tuck,  The incision is shorter by far but much less skin can be taken.  Liposuction can be a part of the mini and may, in well chosen cases, accomplish a lot.    The belly button usually is untouched in a mini but risks being pulled down.   `The lower rectus separation is corrected but generally not much, if anything, is accomplished in the upper abdomen.  So the mini does less.  The mini may be okay for you as long as you are not expecting  and need the result of a standard tummy tuck.   Do not fantasize that a mini will work for you when clearly it will not.  See 2 to 5 American Board of Plastic Surgery surgeons that are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons.   Always demand ABPS and FACS for you safety and excellence in results.  My Best,   Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Looking at your pictures it looks like you would get better and lasting results if you go with a Full tummy tuck.  With out really seing you in person and examing you its hard to really tell. You should have a consultation with a Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Mini vs Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photos, I would likely suggest a full tummy tuck with possible liposuction of the waist.  But a formal physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS