Tummy Tuck Tips - Prep for Abdominoplasty

I will be having full Tummy Tuck on December 29. I need some pre-op tips that may help me?

Recommendations on preparing for tummy tuck surgery

+2

Hi,

Probably the most important preparation for a tummy tuck would be for smokers to quit smoking for a period of time prior to surgery. It is also important that patients discontinue all medications that can increase the risk of bleeding. Your surgeon should be able to provide you with a list of medications to avoid. This is a fairly extensive procedure and if there is any underlying medical condition then you should be first screened by your primary care physician to obtain a medical clearance for the surgery.

Best wishes and good luck on your surgery.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Relationship with plastic surgeon.

+1

Hi.

You need to have complete confidence in your surgeon's ability to prepare you for surgery, and your surgeon needs to be completely available and to take the initiative to prepare you for a tummy tuck.  Otherwise, things are not off to a good start.

Pre-op Tips forTummy Tuck

+1

There is nothing different to do before your tummy tuck than you should do in preparation for any surgery. The most important things are to avoid smoking and any medications that might lead to an increased chance of bleeding (aspirin, NSAIDs, herbal supplements, and many others). This list of medications is quite long and your surgeon should have provided you with a list. A well-balanced diet will be of benefit -- it is especially important to have protein for good wound healing. You should also make sure you have help caring for young children as you will definitely have restrictions on lifting, straining, etc.

Preparing for tummy tuck surgery

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW:

Each surgeon has certain preferences that may be unique to his or her method of abdominoplasty but certain essential factors are somewhat universal. These include:

1. A healthy well balanced diet
  2. Avoidance of tobacco products (cessation of smoking for at least 4 weeks)
  3. Cessation of aspirin for two weeks and non-steroidal products for a minimum of 10 days prior to surgery
  4. Aerobic exercize regimen
  5. Evaluate, treat, and optimize any underlying medical conditions

We often encourage use of multivitamins and instruction in Pilates/Yoga core strengthening exercises prior to surgery but this recommendation may vary among surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/tummy.html