Full Tummy Tuck - Pouch 10 Weeks PO? (photo)

Is this likely to flatten ? It was aspirated at 4 weeks and 8 weeks and there was a tiny bit of fluid but not much - surgeon wants to see me at 5 months to see what's happened but I just feel like this won't go away - he said the scar could have tightened ? I'm the same weight as when it was done 5ft 4 and 147 lb - will losing weight help ? Or will that just leave me with baggy skin again ? Thanks

Full Tummy Tuck - Pouch 10 Weeks PO?

+1

It is hard to predict in a given individual how much will resolve. I would be concerned about persistent seroma, and might have seen you sooner than in 3 months. If you notice an increase in size, or a "fluid wave", make an earlier appointment. All the best. 

+1

Appears as a very very conservative tummy tuck preformed. A before posted photo would help understand exactly what was done. 

Concerns after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Although your concerns are understandable, given your history of surgery only 10 weeks ago and need for aspirations since then, I think your plastic surgeon is giving you good advice. Only time will tell how much of the skin will “bounce back” and whether or not you will be pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.  There are many variables involved but one statement that can be made with confidence is:  “time is your friend”.

In my practice, the patients who end up with the best results are those that continue their diet and exercise program postoperatively. In other words, maintaining or dropping a few pounds may be helpful; it is unlikely that losing a few pounds would  leave you with “saggy skin”.

Continue to be patient and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon as arranged.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Complete elimination of swelling may take months after in abdominoplasty.

+1

The photograph demonstrates active swelling after abdominoplasty. This may take months to entirely dissipate.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Pouchy Tummy After tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your photographs.  At 10 weeks you should have less fullness in that area.  A before photo would be helpful.  There may be a thicker layer of fat above the incision than below the incision.  This may be addressed in a month or two.

Dr. ES