Gained weight from pregnancy. Do I need a full tummy tuck or mini? (photo)

I am a mother of 1 child I am only 20 years old !! Normal weight is 117 and I gained 57 pounds in pregnacy , I am 126 now ! And I am full of stretch marks and I am in need of a tummy tuck will it be worth it ??

Tummy Tuck.....Regular or Mini ????

+1
I would strongly urge you to have a full or regular tummy tuck. You will not be happy with a mini tummy tuck. The mini TT only adresses a limited problem. Viewing your pictures I see that you have an excellent distance from your belly button up to the breast bone and arelative short distance from your belly button to the pubic region, thus making you an excellent candidate for a regular or full TT.

There are two main problems that I see: 1. +++ tretch marks and 2. moderate laxity of the abdominal wall muscles. A complete repair of the muscles is required in order to leave you flat. In youir search for a plastic surgeon, always make sure that he or she is certified by the American Board Of Plastic Surgery. Good luck

Gained weight from pregnancy. Do I need a full tummy tuck or mini?

+1
Thank you very much for your enquiry including your photograph.
From the picture it looks like the main issue is a weakness in your muscle tissue following your pregnancy.
This can occur if you are petite or if your babies are very big or if you carried them very much in the front during pregnancy. This results in a widening of the muscles in the front of the tummy which is difficult to reverse with abdominal exercises.
The best option for you may well be a tummy tuck combined with a muscle repair and for more information about this I think it would be worth looking at the internet, possibly at our website: aurora-clinics.co.uk which has lots of information and videos about the operation being performed.
With best wishes,
Adrian Richards

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

A complete tummy tuck would help you. A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1
From the photographs it seems as though you're an excellent candidate for full formal abdominoplasty. You may wish to consider liposuction around the waist and hips at the same time based upon your last photograph.

As others have said here it is best to be at your ideal weight before you go ahead. The closer you are to your goal weight if the more satisfied you will likely be with your tummy tuck and the safer your surgery.

If you're actively achieving your weight loss goals stay with it. Weight loss through your diet and exercise will be far more gratifying than the amount of weight you lose with the tummy tuck. The skin and fat that is removed generally doesn't weigh as much as you think.

Best luck with your upcoming surgery, you look like a terrific candidate and you should be very gratified. You're picking the right operation

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck

+1
Based on your photos-I would recommend a full tummy tuck to address the excess skin and tightening of muscles. For more thorough evaluation -schedule an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has years of experience.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Full or mini tt

+1
based on your photos, it would appear that a full tummy tuck would give you the best result, however an in-person consultation will be best to determine what procedure will help you meet your goals.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  The discussion should also include any future plans you may have for more children.  good luck.

Sean A. Simon, MD

+1
Very hard to decide over the internet even with posted photos. Iam leaning towards full Tummy Tuck though./// 

Full TT is necessary

+1
Thanks for your pics and ? I agree with the others. A full TT is necessary to give you the result you want. I tell my patients that they should be at least 6 mos out from pregnancy and back to their normal weight. I would only do this surgery if you are not intending to have more children. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+1
Thank you for your question and photographs.  I agree that you should wait until you're finished having children before having a tummy tuck.  I also agree you will need a full tummy tuck.

It will be important for you to be closer to your ideal weight before having your tummy tuck.  The fact that his left beneath your tummy will prevent optimal tightening of your tummy skin during tummy tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
Hi 
Thanks for sharing your photos. Firstly, you have ask yourself if you are going to have more children in the next few years. I think it will be better to wait until you are done having children. 
Evaluating your pictures I think you need a formal abdominoplasty and repair of your rectus muscle separation.
A mini tummy tuck will not address the muscle weakness and will only remove a limited amount of skin. To remove the majority of the stretch mark you would need to cut around the belly button tighten the skin safely and bring out out your belly button through the skin in a fresh spot. A mini tuck is not indicated for your situation. I would also recommend that you allow your body to recover from the effect of oregnancy for at least six months before considering surgery. I wish you the best of luck and remember to get advice from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Rami Ghurani, MD