Do I Need a Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo, and How Much Will It Cost in S.a. Texas?

I had my son back in 6 yrs ago but my pregnancy ruined my body and left me with this belly and hasn't gone down since. When I touch it, its hard and if I lay on it, it hurts and I have diastasis recti and weak abdominal muscles, my doctor lied to me and said by having a umbilical hernia surgery it was going to fix problem but I knew deep inside its a tummy tuck that I need.

Lose weight before considering a tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for the photo. Based on the info you provided you may need to lose some weight first. Achieve a stable healthier weight to reduce the visceral fat you have. After that then you may want to consider a tummy tuck to address any stubborn subcutaneous fat, weakened muscles and loose skin. Best of luck. 

Tummy Tuck or Lipo

+1

Without and an exam it would be difficult to say for sure but by your own description it sounds like you have mostly intra-abdominal fat. This is fat that is inside the abdomen and is not affected by either liposuction or a tummy tuck. If this is  indeed the case your only good options would be to lose weight. After you lose weight and the abdomen feels softer you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

Mark A. Jabor, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Loose as much weight before your surgery

+1

My recommendation would be for you to loose as much weight before your surgery.  Best is to change your eating and exercise habits.  A lot of the weight is internal and does not go down with the tummy tuck.  The healing will also be better.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss BEFORE tummy tuck

+1

In my opinion, you would be best served by losing weight first then having the tummy tuck done.  The fact that you feel "hard" indicates a lot of fat inside the abdomen around the intestines causing outward pressure which will still be there after the TT and will make it impossible to get the tight flat abdomen you want.  First things first, please lose weight before surgery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS