Will a Full Tummy Tuck Give Me Results Even if I Dont Have a Lot of Fat or Loose Skin

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for the last 2 years and just want some opinions as my schedule is very packed I would like to know if it is even worth me going to a consultation. If there are any Doctors in NYC i would appreciate if you can offer a ballpark figure, thank you. I am an MA at columbia university any columbia Plastic surgeons would be great, but I just really want this since I am 24 and i feel like my stomach has taken away my youth.

Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty

+2

You will have considerable improvement in your abdominal contour, waistline, and flanks after a full abdominoplasty or tummy tuck. A great amount of the stretch marks will be removed and the lower abdominal bulge will disappear. I always include liposuction of the flanks  as part of an abdominoplasty. From El Paso, Las Cruces, New Mexico.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Columbia PS

+1

Don't know any in your area but simply find people that participate on this forum and you'll likely find some PS that are reasonably priced.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Which patients need a full tummy tuck?

+1

A tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure to contour the abdomen, create a tight waist, and remove extra skin, fat, and stretch marks.

In our practice, we feel that as every patient is unique, so is every tummy tuck. At the initial consultation, we spent a great deal of time talking to the patient to understand what their concerns are, to learn of their aesthetic goals, and to evaluate their abdomen and tissues. In this manner we are able to construct a surgical plan that will address address these challenges and give the patient a result they're looking for.
We have noted that over time, our abdominal incisions have become smaller and smaller. This is partly due to the way we drape the tissue during surgery and the use of liposuction with every procedure. Your best bet to achieve the results you are looking for is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced in abdominoplasty, liposuction, and body contouring. They will be able to determine which combination of modalities will help you meet your personal aesthetic goal.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Do I need a tummy tuck?

+1

If you are finished with having children, and have given diet and exercise a good try, then yes, a tummy tuck might be helpful for you, perhaps together with a little liposuction of the waist / flank area.  

I would need to examine your abdomen in person to check the amount of skin laxity and muscle separation you have, to know for sure, as there are a couple of different options available.  Best to see a well-qualified PS for a consultation.

Good luck!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

I think more a history needs to be provided, but with the stretch marks and slightly protuberant abdomen you  may be a good  candidate for a tummy tuck.  I am a NYC plastic surgeon and the surgeon's fees in NYC probably range between $7,000-$15,000. Good luck!

Full tummy tuck

+1

Based on your pictures, a full tummy tuck would help with the stretch marks and abdominal bulge. A little liposuction on the sides could help also.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Correct tummy without a tummy tuck

+1

The stretch marks seem to indicate that you do have some skin laxity and excess that will not likely respond well to lasers or minimally invasive techniques. Furthermore the separated muscles must be approximated with surgical technique. You could consider Pilates core strengthening exercises but this will only likely result in minor improvements.

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

You are a good candidate for tummy tuck, but make sure that you are done having children.  You have muscle laxity and some loose skin and fat.   I think that you would have a fabulous result with muscle plication and a full tummy tuck.   As an MA, you would need at least 2 weeks off from work, preferably 3-4.  

I would consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to learn more about the procedure and find the right surgeon for you.    Then plan ahead, so you can take adequate time to recover.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Laser Liposuction versus a Tummy Tuck

+1

You have sent great pictures. It appears that you have some laxity of the abdominal wall as well as some fat. True, a tummy tuck may offier you the tightest/flattest abdomen....but this may not be the best option for you. You will need significant recovery and time off from work. You are also very young and may have children int he future. I recommend avoiding a tummy tuck in your situation. Instead, you may find great improvement with a laser liposuction (smart lIpo is just a specific brand of laser liposuction). I am a national trainer and speaker for laser liposuction and can tell you that when used with traditional tumescent liposuction, you can expect a really nice improvement with little downtime and a rapid return to work. The pricw will vary slightly depending on exactly where wer need to remove your fat from, but will range from $6,000-7500. This price includes all fees (surgeon, anesthesia, operating room, recovery, and all post op care). I am in NYC and my consulations are free, so I look forward to seeing you.

Matthew Schulman, MD

TUMMY TUCK FOR ME?

+1

Although you send great pix, in my opinion, physical exam in person is the best way to predict whether or not a full tummy tuck is indicated.  Examination allows a surgeon to feel the amount of abdominal wall redundancy post partum, feel the amount of excess redundant skin, feel and see skin elasticity, and to anticipate size and location of expected scar, examine striae (stretch mark) location, examine for hernias, surgical scars, thickness of abdominal fat, and other features germane to the outcome of abdominoplasty.  Your result is nearly always enhanced by maintaining a body weight at or close to ideal. 

Steve Laverson, MD