Not all Skin was Removed Even Though I had a Full Tummy Tuck

I had a full tummy tuck 6 weeks ago after having very large twin babies last year. My board certified PS said after the surgery that he wasn't able to remove all of the excess skin without making the scar go around to my back, so there remains some excess skin, along with the "tab" of skin from my former belly button, and dog ears. He has said a revision is needed. What is done for this kind of revision and how does it differ from a mini tummy tuck?

Tummy Tuck Redux

+1

Without seeing pics, it is not clear to me where your residual skin is located. If it is in the hip region, these dog ears can be removed by extending the incisions sometimes onto your back depending on their size. this will sometimes occur in patients with excessive amounts of loose and may require extended tummy tuck surgery or even belt lipectomy which goes all the way around the trunk. Small dog ears cans usually be removed under local anesthesia sometimes in the surgeons office

Excess skin after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is diffiicult to answer this question without pictures.  If there is excess skin the you may have to accept a longer scar as a trade off for a better body contour.  Sometimes liposuction in combination with excess skin removal can be helpful.  

Revision Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

Depending on the patients body, sometimes an extended tummy tuck (going into the back) is necessary to remove the "muffin top" if it bothers the patient. I don't really know how to answer this because I  would need to see some photos or examine you.  Dogears are easily revised. I think that waiting for revision is a good idea - I usually ask my patients to allow the scar to fully mature and relax ~(1 year) before considering revisionary surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm