Can a Full Tummy Tuck Do Any Damage to the Bowel from the Muscles Being Too Tight?

I had a full tummy tuck and liposuction 5 weeks ago. I am continuing with loose stools. I tested negative for C diff. I still have swelling and numbness. I thought I had a seroma but the doctor has tried twice to drain fluid off and can't. Sometimes I get pains if I try to bend and it feels like it is in my bowels especially around the area that the diastasis recti was repaired and the left side where I thought fluid was. It is really tight where the diastais recti was. I am 47 yrs. old.

Loose stools not normal after tummy tuck

+1

You need a work up.  First, I would recommend a sonogram to rule out a seroma after yout tummy tuck.  Then see a gastroenterologist.  You should not be having these sympoms.

Very tight tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

It is common to feel a tight sensation for at least 6 weeks after tummy tuck, especially if a wide diastasis recti was repaired. Things will not begin to ease until after 6 weeks. Loose stools, by themselves, are not a necessary cause for concern. IT is not likely that your bowel was effected by the repair. Venous return can possibly impaired especially if if effects respiratory compliance but that is not likely to be the case. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and continue to monitor for other symptoms.