I Had a Full Tummy Tuck and I Am Not Happy with my Silhouette. Any Suggestions? (photo)

I had a full Tummy Tuck by one of the best surgeons in my area, but I am not at all happy with the shape of my body. I am posting Pictures for suggestions. I am not sure what procedure(s) would fix it. Thanks so much

Postop

+3

I believe weight loss will help tremendously, but also some liposuction would be a benefit for any stubborn areas.

Tummy Tuck results

+3

From your photos you look to have had a very nice result.  If your love handles are your concern, discuss liposuction or CoolSculpting with your doctor- an abdominoplasty alone does not address this.  The protrusion of your upper abdomen is likely some normal tissue as well as the configuration of your ribs. Without a physical exam, it is tough to assess, so I would definitely talk to your surgeon about your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.santabarbaraliposuction.com

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

I Had a Full Tummy Tuck and I Am Not Happy with my Silhouette. Any Suggestions?

+3

Try 10 pounds weight loss and revision of dog ears and or liposuction. Good luck. Best to discuss with your "best" PS

Unhappy post tummy

+3

I think overall you look good.From what I see on the photos I think maybe a little lipo on the lateral aspect of your abdomen may improve your profile.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

More improvement after tummy tucks

+3

It appears that you have a reasonable results . In order to have more improvement in your silhouette, you could consider to have additional liposelection of the abdomen, flanks and dorsal rolls.    

Web reference: http://mahjouricosmeticsurgery.com

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I Had a Full Tummy Tuck and I Am Not Happy with my Silhouette.

+3

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos. There is not quite enough info to provide a useful answer. Adding some preop photos for comparison would be most valuable. An idea of height and weight, and how long ago was your surgery would be useful.

From photos alone it is not easy to tell about the cause of the fullness of the upper abdomen. It could be fat in the abdominal wall, laxity of the abdominal muscles, or fullness due to the volume of the intraabdominal contents. Of these three, only the last one has no surgical solution. 

As to the muffin top, that can be improved by either liposuction or extension of the incision further around the back.

Best option to start is to discuss the points of dissatisfaction with your surgeon.  All the best. 

Liposuction After Tummy Tuck

+2

Hello free.2bme, Thank you for your interesting question and post-operative photos.  It appears that after your full tummy tuck, your upper abdomen and sides still have too much fullness and not enough waistline definition. Some of this may be post operative swelling which can take months to completely resolve. You can help yourself by continuing to have a healthy diet and exercise program. After 6 months, you can speak to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about a smaller secondary procedure: liposuction of the abdomen and sides, that can give you the further improvement that you are seeking. Dr. Richard Wellington Swift

Further contouring after tummy tuck

+2

It appears in the photos that you have a nice appearance and you are quite "straight" from the side.  I think the loose skin has been remedied nicely and the muscles have been tightened.  It appears to me that there is some residual fullness throughout the flanks and abdomen that can be improved with further lipocontouring.  For safety reasons only so much liposuction can be performed at the time of the tummy tuck, and it is not uncommon to have to do further contouring about the torso after tummy tuck. The good news is that this is the easy part and only further builds on what you've already done!  Good Luck!

Web reference: http://www.BoyntonPlasticSurgery.com

For body shaping, liposuction is usually recommended.

+2

The photos are pretty small and I cannot see your scar, but nothing looks unusual.  What don't you like about your body shape?  Did you have liposuction at the time of your tummy tuck?  Usually it is done at the same time.  And of course a modest weight loss will be more helpful than any additional surgery.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Touch Up

+2

Greetings,

I would suggest that you return to your plastic surgeon to discuss the specific areas on your abdomen which disappoint you. Sometimes, conservative targeted liposuction can dramatically improve a patient's appearance post-abdominoplasty. 

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon