Can I Have a Full Tummy Tuck After Having a Mini Tummy Tuck?

I had a mini tummy tuck 5 yrs a go, but i got pregnant again. I not having anymore children so Im thinking of having a full tummy tuck. Is it possible?

Full Tummy Tuck Operation after Previous Mini Tummy Tuck?

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, it is generally possible to have a full tummy tuck operation after mini tummy tuck surgery (when you have had a pregnancy after the mini tummy tuck operation).

I would suggest in-person examination by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Can I have another Tummy Tuck?

As always, I recommend that you have a full exam and evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon prior to deciding upon any surgical procedure.  That said, if you are an appropriate candidate, there is nothing wrong with having another tummy tuck surgery performed.  The prior scarring under the tissues of the abdomen make the surgery a little bit more difficult for the surgeon, but the recovery is often times easier.

Your surgeon would use the same scar on the belly as before, or may remove the old scar and make a new one.  You would likely also require tightening or plication of the muscles again.  Good luck with your decision.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

7711 Baymeadows Road East
Jacksonville, FL 32256

Full tummy tuck after mini

You can have a full tummy tuck, especially since you have had another pregnancy that has stretched out the skin and musculature.   You already have the incision.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342-5029

Full Tummy Tuck

5 years after a mini tummy tuck and a full term pregnancy, a full tummy tuck would be a great option for you. After having a child, the muscles are loose and you may have some loose skin that can be removed. Consult with you plastic surgeon to determine if in fact you would be a good candidate for this surgery.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

2360 County Road 94
Pearland, TX 77584

Tummy tuck can be performed after minituck

You can definitely have a full abdominoplasty now.I advise my patients to wait until childbearing is completed to avoid the cost and recovery from two surgeries.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Previous Mini Tuck Doesn't Preclude Subsequent Full TT

The fact that you previously had a mini tuck does not mean that you cannot have a full tummy tuck now.  If you have a good bit of excess skin and are otherwise a good candidate, you probably would benefit from a full tummy tuck at this time.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

4001 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207

Having had a mini-TT does not preclude a patient from later having a full TT. Without a photo it is not possible to tell you if that will be appropriate for you, but if you have an in person consultation with your surgeon, that question can readily be answered.

Thank you for your question, and best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Full Tummy Tuck After Having a Mini Tummy Tuck

Generally, it is possible to have a full abdominoplasty after a mini tuck. To verify, consult 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Full Tummy Tuck after Mini Tuck

Dany, the short answer is yes. A full tummy tuck can be performed after a mini tuck and pregnancy. A minituck does not preclude a full tummy tuck in the future. Make sure you see a Plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. Do your research well. There is a real difference between a cosmetic surgeon and plastic surgeon.

Stanley Okoro, MD

960 Johnson Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30342