Waiting for Full Tummy Tuck After Mini Tummy Tuck?

How long should I wait to do a full Tummy Tuck after I had a Mini Tummy Tuck done with unsatisfactory results? My plastic surgeon said I should wait 3 months, while another doctor said that would be a disaster and I should wait 10 months. What is the right answer? From my picture, does it look like I have enough skin for a full Tummy Tuck?

8-10 Months is best

+2

The reasons to do a full tummy tuck are a large pannus or extra skin and fat and to be able to repair the muscles all the way to the sternum. As I look at your picture the majority of your extra skin is in the central lower abdomen which is where the mini was done. But most of your abdomen looks pretty good.

I actually think you would get a fantastic result with liposuction of the entire abdomen and flanks then a mini tummy tuck to get rid of that extra skin. I see that there is more of a subcutaneous fat issue than skin. So liposuction would really help. Liposuction of the abdomen cannot be combined with an abdominoplasty!

I rarely do only a mini tummy tuck. I usually combine it with lipo for the "mommy makeover." See my website and you'll see the moms that have gotten great results with it.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy-tuck after Mini

+1

It is difficult to state for certain, but it appears that you do have enough extra skin for a full tummy tuck looking a your photo alone. Obviously, a physical exam of your abdomen is required. I feel that you should wait a minimum of 6 months before undergoing another abdominal procedure.

John Whitt, MD