I had a full tummy tuck 1/2013. I still have a lot of loose skin. I am much larger above my bb, what would cause this? (Photo)

I want some feedback if I did a revision if it would get rid of the loose skin, or is this the end results? I had 694 grams of tissue removed. I'm not certain if that's a lot or not. I have posted my before and after pictures. I also was under the impression any stretch marks above my belly button would be below my belly button. This didn't happen. Why wouldn't they move?

I had a full tummy tuck 1/2013. I still have a lot of loose skin. I am much larger above my bb, what would cause this?

+1
Very poorly posted before photos, plus not sure exactly the result. My over the internet guess is ca very conservative TT... 

Unhappy with your Postop appearance of a #tummytuck

+1
Your pictures are a bit confusing and so concrete advice will be hard to come by.  In general, there are many different forms of a tummy tuck.  Some, often called mini-TT, do not make a scar around the belly button and cannot move the skin from above to below the belly button. Otherwise, almost every variation of a standard tummy tuck would be expected to move the skin above the belly button to below it. My guess is that you had a mini abdominoplasty.  A quick exam with a qualified surgeon can help you be more confident and can help you to know your options. It is almost always my advice to spend some time with your surgeon explaining why you are unhappy and what your expectations were.  Sometimes a little open discussion can clear a lot of issues. Additionally, your surgeon may see what you see and also be unhappy and have a desire to correct his or her work.  It is distinctly worth asking.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Sub optimal tt

+1
Hi Hesitant

First, it looks like pre op you are standing and post op you are sitting and this makes a HUGE difference in appearance.

Taking that into account, it would appear that you may have had some sort of "mini-tt" or that perhaps the upper fascia (strengh) layer of the abdomen was not tightened or not tightened adequately.  It also appears that not enough skin was removed resulting in not enough abdominal skin tightening.  Judging from your body habitus, 694 gm is an unremarkable amount of tissue to remove.

TT revisions are a bit tricky.  The tissue is scarred in so it doesn't tend to stretch that much.  This means that the hole from the navel will likely be moved down but may not be completely removed and you may have a vertical scar at the level of the transverse scar.  However, I believe that your fascia can be tightened significantly which would produce dramatic results in sculpting your torso, and the excess skin removal will be icing on the cake.  You have a moderate fat pad, and that may need to be suctioned, but I recommend that about 9 months to a year after revision.

I would also recommend getting a second board plastic surgeon who is very experienced with tt, who is excellent with the procedure, and who has a passion for it.

To do a tt well is no easy matter, it takes vision, finesse, and sometimes a lot of luck.  Occasionally bad things happen.  The bad things happen much less frequently to ps who really have a passion for this operation.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Loose skin

+1
Thank you for the photos though your questions could best be answered after a full examination.  I would address your concerns to your surgeon or seek a second opinion from one in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
The best person to address these concerns is your Plastic Surgeon.  He knows what was done in surgery, and will decide if any revisions are needed.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
Hesitant, you have a lot of questions about your result, follow up with your surgeon he/she would be able to explian your next option.

Mel T. Ortega, MD