Full TT, Mini TT or Liposuction? (photo)

I am a 30yo mum of 3 (finished having children, have had tubal ligation), 5'1 and weigh 120lbs (55kg). After baby No 2 a boy that weighed 9lbs 5oz, my stomach has never been the same. I am asked all the time if I am pregnant it really breaks my self esteem. I have had an abdo U/S no abdominal separation is present,have no loose skin, it's just left over fat that won't budge despite daily exercise and dieting I think. What do you think I should do? A full TT, Mini TT or Lipo? Please help me

Tummy contouring options

+1

Based on your photo, you would probably benefit the most from a full tummy tuck +/- liposuction of your waist/flanks.  But a formal exam would be required to make any medical/surgical recommendations.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck? Check with a plastic surgeon first

+1

Thank you for your photos.  In order to remove as much skin as possible and tighten you abdomen from top to bottom, you'll most likely need a full tummy tuck.  A mini tummy tuck is reserved for those patients with isolated excess skin below the belly button with minimal laxity of the abdominal muscles.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Full tummy tuck with liposuction on the sides

+1

Thank you for your question. You will enjoy the most benefit from a full tummy tuck with liposuction of your flanks (sides).

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Get the full tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question and sending pictures.  I think you would get the best result with a full tummy tuck.

Good luck

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Full Tummy Tuck is your best option to achieve the most dramatic results.  If you only had liposuction, you would still have loose skin and loose muscles causing a curvature to your abdomen.  If you only have mini-tuck, it would not address your muscles above your belly button and also most likely distort your belly button.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Full tummy tuck recommended

+1

Based on your photographs, a full abdominoplasty with liposuction would restore your abdomen back to your pre-pregnancy state. Any lesser procedure would be sub-optimal.

Donna Rich, MD

Full tummy tuck usually best after multiple pregnancies

+1

When the skin has been stretched from multiple pregnancies it is almost always best to have the full tummy tuck. Do not be sold on the idea of skin tightening with liposuction using lasers or other technologies. There may be some measurable tightening with these but no where near enough to be considered an alternative for abdominoplasty. Exercise similarly will help reduce overall body fat (not necessarily where you want it to reduce) but will not tighten or tone loose skin.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck + conservative liposuction

+1

I think you can really be helped here to reverse some of the effects of your pregnancy and start feeling better about your body.  To me, your photos suggest three things are going on.  1/  You DO have skin laxity, as evidenced by the slight overlapping in the lower abdomen.  I would also guess you have a lot of stretch marks, though I cannot see them in this photo.  2/  There is a "rounding out" of your abdomen which suggests muscles have been stretched, regardless of what the U/S shows.  3/  The photos sugest localized excess subcutaneous fat in the central abdomen, though I cannot confirm this with a "pinch test".

Assuming these abservations from you photos are correct the best solution would be to do conservative liposuction in the central abdomen (conservative so as not to compromise circulation to the skin), muscle tightening with rectus plication, and skin and fat removal with dermatolipectomy.  A "mini" procedure will leave you with a bulge in the upper abdomen.  Liposuction alone will leave you with rounding from stretched muscles and residual skin laxity.

In my opinion you will get the best result from addressing all of the problems with a combination procedure.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon