Full TT W/ Diastasis Repair: Do Your Muscles "Work" Properly Again Afterwards?

I'm 34 y.o. & am experiencing lower back pain/pulled chest muscles as a result of diastasis caused by my 2nd pregnancy. I'm having a full TT with diastasis repair (& umbilical hernia repair) on 3/6 to resolve the problem. Can I expect that my ab muscles will work normally again afterwards? Will I have a strong core to support my lower back, so that my chest muscles won't need to compensate? Will I be able to go back to regular ab exercises? In time & w/ exercise, can I get a 6pack again?

Muscle diastasis repair during a tummy tuck will eventually allow you to do any and all core exercises once healing is complete

In diastasis repair during a tummy tuck, the stretched-out rectus abdominis muscles are tightened.  The anatomy of the muscles still stay the same in that the muscles are not cut or repositioned in an abnormal way.  The muscles should still work the way they were intended to after the healing is complete.  But, ask your plastic surgeon when you can start working out your cores and build the strength of your abdominal wall after the tummy tuck.  I generally allow for 3 months of healing before I tell my patients that they can work out their core muscles.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon