Full Tt or Mini Tt? (photo)

I have been to 3 surgeons for a tt consult. 2 of these docs recommend full tt. The doc i was most comfortable with says i do not need a full tt and recommends mini tt with lipo of flanks and epigastrum. i am 5"10, 150lbs and have no stretch marks at all workout 5x a week. I have had lipo yrs ago. I want my stomach to be tight and flat and area below cc section scar tightened as well. i would rather have mini tt bc smaller scar but want to be happy w result. any suggestions?

Full Tt or Mini Tt?

+2

The posted photo has severe shadowing so is of no use! But you answered your own question. " I want my stomach to be tight and flat..", this can ONLY be achieved via a full TT with muscle repair from xiphoid to pubis. Regards 

Full or Mini Tummy Tuck

+2

You are not a clear case for either surgery, however, from your photos you can see that you have excess skin above your abdomen. This will not be addressed with a mini TT. There is one option you did not mention - a floating belly button. This is somewhat of an in-between procedure with scarring similar to the full TT, and it will lower the belly button somewhat. No surgeon can tell you without an in-person exam. But a mini is unlikely to do you much good.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Full vs. Mini?

+2

Very few patients benefit from a mini abdominoplasty, since most women notice some muscle weakness  or laxity above their belly button.  If you are one of the fortunate ladies that has tight muscles above the belly button then a " mini" may be acceptable to you.

Be sure that you completely relax your abdomen during your examination.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Full vs Mini

+2

I agree with the other distinguished surgeons that a full abdominoplasty will give you the look you desire.  You have to be willing to accept the trade off of a longer incision for the result you desire vs a shorter incision and a result that will not meet your expectations.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

TT or MiniTT

+2

Hello, thank you for the details and the photo you provided. Howevere, i still the final decision will be appropriate and final with proper assesment and examinations, manily examining the presence for any divercation or any muscle weakness. The last details will help a lot, as if there is any recti divercation or muscle weakness, the mini-TT will not make you happy. Most likely, you need full TT considering the pregnancies ?!  you had, which usually cause significant damage and weakness to the muscles.

Good luck 

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck more surgery

+2

Based on your photos I think you can achieve good results from a mini tummy tuck with some laser assisted liposuction. This works well if there is no upper abdominal looseness in the akin and no need to tighten the upper abdominal muscles.  Good luck

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Full or mini tummy tuck??

+2
Thank you for the question. It appears from the photo that you have excess skin above the belly button in this case and in order to for your stomach to be tight and flat I think a full tummy tuck will give you the best result. The scar of the full TT should not be that much longer than the mini TT. Good luck ..

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Full or mini tummy tuck

+2

From the photo I think that a full tummy tuck would give you the best results. Pictures can be a littel deceiving though, so a good examination is needed. In general, the tighter and flatter you want, the more surgery and longet scars you will need.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Mini vs full tummy tuck

+2

While you may be a good candidate for a mini abdominoplasty, it's difficult to tell with the picture you have posted. In general, a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty (full tummy tuck) will remove all the skin below the umbilicus. This will generally give you the most dramatic and flat results. Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Full TT or mini TT?

+2

It is difficult to give you a recommendation without examining you in person.  In general, full TT is a more powerful procedure and give a better contour ; it can correct excess skin and fat and laxity of muscle in both the upper and lower abdomen.  If you have excess skin and laxity in the upper abdomen, a full tummy tuck would give a better result. However, if you do not have much excess skin and trying to keep the TT scar low (hidden in the bikini area), you may need a lower vertical scar as well.

Sugene Kim, MD