Nerve Damage from Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?

I had a full TT with liposuction over 8 weeks ago, the right side feels okay the left side is horrible. Is it possible to get nerve damage to bowel and leg from these procedures? Bowel movements are still not normal and left leg feels jittery. The plastic surgeon just said that my musculature on the left side was different when he did the surgery. I am not happy with the course this post op is going.

Return to your Surgeon When you are Having Concerns...

+1

Hi there-

I'm very sorry that you're having problems. I know all of us Board Certified Plastic Surgeons would prefer that every patient who has surgery in our care have a wonderful, predictable experience.

On the other hand, we all realize that unfortunately, and even in the best of hands, there will always be some unpredictability to the practice of medicine, and complications and unexpected outcomes will occur.

When and if you are experiencing anything concerning after surgery, you must believe that it is in your best interests to maintain your healthy relationship with your chosen surgeon (assuming that he is indeed Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgeons) and trust that he knows how to guide you to your best, safest outcome.

Follow all instructions given you, and never miss an appointment.

If after the appropriate healing period has passed, you still have concerns, address them with your surgeon again in an open and respectful manner. He wants you to be happy- and hopefully you chose him for all the right reasons- abandoning ship now would likely only compromise your outcome. 

If you still feel at that point that your concerns are not being addressed, consider another opinion.