Can I Get a Full Tt with Lipo and Possible Fat Grafting to my Bum?

i have been in recovery from drugs for 6 months. i live in BC,Canada and would like to get my surgery here, i got clean for my daughter but now i need this for me, I have been on methadone for 3 and a half yrs, since i got clean i have dropped my does by over 70mls,as of yesterday i am down to 50. i want to have a full tt with full lipo of my sides&back can i do this with being on methadone?? im 5'10, 23yrs, 160pounds

Tummy Tuck while on methadone?

+1

Dear Freedreamss,

Thank you for your question.  Certainly this can be done as long as your surgeon feels that you are stable.  Your medications should be managed by your pain management specialist during this process.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck While On Methadone

+1

I have patients who are on Methadone while having aesthetic surgery who have done well and had good results.  As is the case with all patients, I (as the surgeon) need to decide if the patient is a good risk and has reasonable expectations.

John Whitt, MD

+1

Assuming you have good anatomic indications for the surgery, it can certainly be done. If you had appendicitis, no surgeon would ask if you could have an appendectomy.

What will be needed is coordination between surgeon and the doc managing your pain. I would recommend using one of the long acting local anesthetic options, which include pain pumps that regularly dose local anesthetic to the field for 3 days, or the use of Exparel, a 3 days dose of an injectable local agent that your surgeon would inject at the end of your surgery. Either would ease the post-op pain and its management.