After Full TT- Dog Ears Leftover. I Need a Second Opinion.

Hi, I had a full TT in Aug 10, I notices some excess fat lumps at the end of each scar. I informd the surgon who did my TT and they advised me to massage the area every day, which I did religiously without fail. Iv been sending the surgeon pics of my TT scar with the excess lumps at the sides regularly, which are much more prominenet sitting down. The clinic are insisting that the results are perfect and iv put on weight and are unwilng to take any respnsibility + want a 2nd surgeons opinion

Dog ear scars after tummy tuck

+3

You or the clinic might be right.. If you noticed the dog ears right after surgery, they are small and just at the end of the scar, they are from surgery. That's not unusual. If the dog ears came later or if they are part of a roll going to your back, chances are they are  from excess weight.

Here's what to do:

• Make an appointment with the clinic to see the surgeon. No one else.
  • If you didn't gain weight and the dog ears are small and at the end of the scar, your surgeon should fix it. There will be a clinic policy for reduced fees for this.
  • If it is from surgery and your surgeon won't fix it....get a second opinion.You will pay standard fees  for the correction. Best wishes in getting the result you want!

That said, slightly puffy scars after a tummy tuck are not uncommon. And are usually easy to fix with local anesthesia in the office. It may take lipo

Dog Ears after Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

It would be helpful to have photos when trying to answer this question.  Dogears after Tummy Tuck surgery happens and is easily revised under local anesthesia.  It is best to go into your plastic surgeon's office and have a conversation about your concerns.  If a patient gains weight after surgery, the results will change and so you need to see if that, in fact has happened.

Allow your surgeon to take care of you, if possible.

Dog ear scarring after tummy tuck

+1

First, it's impossible to comment on scarring without photographs. Second, if you have gained weight and had slight dogears, the weight gain would worsen the appearance of the dogears so I suggest that you attempt to lose the weight.  Third, emailing photos to your plastic surgeon is not a substitute for followup.  You should return to your plastic surgeon and also allow the scarring to settle down over the course of a year.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Second opinion after tummy tuck can clear misunderstanding

+1

If you are unhappy with what your surgeon is telling you after tummy tuck, or he can't seem to see what is bothering you, certainly go out and see another surgeon for a second opinion. This may be the best way to understand your result and why things are as they are.

Dog ears post tummy tuck

+1

Best to visit with your surgeon and show him your concerns. If you do not hear what you want ask him/her for a referral to another plastic surgeon. If revisions are necessary, they can be usually done under local in an office setting. Don't give up yet

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

After Full TT- Dog Ears Leftover. I Need a Second Opinion

+1

Hi, thank you for your question.  Dog ears are a possible result after a Tummy Tuck.  I usually have my patients wait a year and if they have not flattened completely, I will do a minor revision in the office under local anesthesia.  However, if you did gain weight, it can make the dog ears worse and I would recommend losing the weight.  You should go back to your doctor in person and have him or her evaluate your dog ears.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Have you put on weight??

+1

If you have gained weight, all bets are off and the issue is on you.  Lose the weight and probably these will go away.  If not, you should seek a second opinion in person, not on line for an exam.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS