I Had Full TT 13 Months Ago with Bad Scarring and Need a Total Re-do, Is that Possible? (photo)

I had a full TT with MR. While putting on compression garment in surgery room the Dr. overlapped my tummy skin and pinched it. I couldn't feel it from being medicated. He didn't open up my garment for 2 days and found necrosis had already happened. Now I have 3 hideous lumps of scarring between my belly button and scar, right where it was supposed to be my best results. Can I have a complete redo? I have gained 30 pounds and am losing it so I can have enough loose skin. Is that possible?

Scar revision versus revision tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  This is a challenging situation since there does not appear to be enough laxity to remove the skin that is affected.  It may be a better option to either perform a local scar revision and scar treatment as opposed to trying to revise the tummy tuck and remove the affected skin.  This will require a couple of smaller procedures under local anesthesia but may give you the better result in the long run.

Dr Remus Repta

Scar after tummy tuck

+1

Given your photos, it does not seem that you have enough tissue for another full tummy tuck.  If your scar is not raised, you can try lasers.  If they are hypertrophic, steroid injection or scar revision may help.  Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

From the photos you show it doesn't appear that you have enough skin for another full tummy tuck whcih is what would be required to completely remove the scars on your lower abdomen. I would recommend revising the hypertrophic scars cutting them out and resuturing them.. I believe this wqould improve the scars substantially but not remove them completely.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

Thank you for your question.  You do not need a re-do tummy tuck, you need assistance with the scars and treatments to reduce the scarring.  Different options to consider would be scar revision, steroid injections, etc.  It may be best to have an in person consultation to see what options would be best for your case.

Best Wishes!

Full Re-do not Possible

+1

A full revision is not possible. The scars can be improved with a combination of scar revision, steroid injection, silicone sheeting and possible laser treatments. Over time, these should get much better. Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

TT redo

+1

You probably can't have a complete re-do and really don't need one. It is unfortunate about the scars, but these can be improved with scar revision. Have you discussed this with your surgeon?

By the way, it is not a good idea to try to gain weight after a tummy tuck. Weight is easy to put on and difficult to lose.

William H. Gorman, MD

How to manage my abdominal scars (photo)?

+1

Really nice looking abdominoplasty result, would focus on managing the visible scars rather than complete revision.  Can try corticosteroid injections, cryotherapy, silicone sheeting, and/or scar excision, among other possibilities.

Steve Laverson, MD

Scar revision after tummy tuck

+1

It is very unlikely that a full tummy tuck could be done a second time. From the pictures you posted, it appears that a scar revision might help. This could be followed up with laser procedures to help the scar fade and flatten.

Richard Baxter, MD

+1

The photos posted does not match your description???? Maybe some in person second opinions can help guide you.