5'6, 26yr old mother of 2, planning breast augment. Should I get a full TT or mini with lipo on the sides? (photo)

I am trying to decide what procedure I need so that I can secure the surgery costs. I am a 26yr old mother of 2, 3and 6mths. I am about 10 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight but cannot seem to get rid of the fat in the front or the saggy skin. We are moving back to our home state of hawaii soon so I really would like to be in best form before then. Should I get full TT or mini with lipo on sides? is my belly button too low for mini? planning breast augment as well. 5'6 normally 110lbs.

Tummy tuck choices

+3

In my opinion, you'd get the better result from a full tummy tuck and maybe some flank liposuction.  That way you'd get all the skin off below the belly button and get a tighter flatter result.

Full vs. Mini tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It looks like you would best benefit from a full tummy tuck with plication of the rectus muslces.  Liposuction of the flanks would also be of benefit.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Full tummy tuck and circumferential liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Tummy tuck procedures are designed to correct excess laxity.  The amount of laxity that is evident in your photos would indicate that you would best be served by a full tummy tuck. Liposuction of the waist, abdomen, and flanks concurrently or at a different time would also be beneficial.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Optimal results are obtained with the correct choice of procedures for tummy tucks

+1

With patients, our surgery corrects the deformity targeted - and with tummys, it really comes down to the degree of loose skin above the umbilicus. If excess above, only a full abdominoplasty can fix it - however, if a slight bit exists, a modified with an umbilical float can suffice. Liposuction around the flanks is an essential component to full abdominal contouring in most patients

Christopher S. Verbin, MD

A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Full vs Mini Tummy Tuck?

+1

It is difficult to give you a recommendation without examining you in person.  In general, full TT is a more powerful procedure and give a better contour ; it can correct excess skin and fat and laxity of muscle in both the upper and lower abdomen.  If you have excess skin and laxity in the upper abdomen, a full tummy tuck would give a better result. However, if you do not have much excess skin and trying to keep the TT scar low (hidden in the bikini area), you may need a lower vertical scar as well.  Best of luck.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Full tummy tuck or mini tuck

+1

It is difficult to tell without a thorough examination, but here are some things to consider. In general I believe muscle tightening is recommended if

• there is muscle laxity usually due to pregnancy or massive  weight fluctuations

A full tummy tuck consists of muscle tightening and removal of all the skin below the belly button and creation of a new, more youthful belly button. 

If there is significant excess skin only, with some of this laxity above the belly button as well, then a skin only abdominoplasty is an option with creation of a new belly button (umbilicus) and no muscle tightening is needed. 

In rare cases, with a flat abdomen and very little loose skin located primarily below the umbilicus, can a mini- tuck be recommended. Personally, I see very few patients who need this. 

Above all else, I would not recommend muscle tightening limited to the area below the belly button. This almost always creates fullness above the belly button and an unsatisfactory result. 

In general, most women with multiple pregnancies need a full tummy tuck. No woman would prefer the scar or the discomfort of a full tummy tuck, but the bottom line is if you want the result, it is like most things in life, there is a price to pay for quality results. Please keep in mind that a full tummy tuck is common and met with very very high patient satisfaction. The flat youthful abdomen usually far outweighs the scars and temporary discomfort. 

Good luck with your procedure. I am jealous of your move to Hawaii!

A Jay Burns MD

Jay Burns, MD

Full or Mini Tummy Tuck?

+1

Over the internet very hard to advise but in my opinion you may be better with full tummy tuck and muscle repair. 

Abdominal contouring

+1

Based on your photos and that you have had 3 kids, I believe you would benefit from a full tummy tuck +/- lipo of the waist/flanks.   A mini-tummy tuck will not give you the best results.  A formal physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

After looking at your photos I would think a full abdominoplasty would be the best option for you.  I would also recommend some liposuction in the flank areas at the same time.  This will give you a much better result than a mini would.  The breast augmentation can easily be done at the same time.  In the Kansas City area the full abdominoplasty and breast augmentation combination should cost around $10,000.  Make sure you select a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon