Full or Mini Tuck?

my stomach seems very excessive,broke clear impression on the stomach,and stomach too loose can make a full tummy tuck do? before this doctor had my stomach she saw the picture.. i created a mini backup only.. but i still want make full tummy tuck to dispose strech mark... help me what want to do...

Mini or full tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Unfortunately,  in your case, I think a direct examination and more history would be necessary to give you good advice.

However, a few general words of caution may be helpful in regards to mini- tummy tuck surgery. In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Full or mini tummy tuck?

+1

Your upper tummy does not seem too bad, at least in this one photo view. If you pull down on your lower tummy and it tightens up, and the upper tummy seems pretty good and not too loose, it is possible that a lower tummy tuck (or mini) would tighten up the skin below your belly button and you would not necessarily need a full tummy tuck.  A physical exam would be needed to really tell for sure.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Tummy tuck options

+1

Depending upon your exam and concerns will determine if you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  If you want to remove all the loose skin and most of the stretch mnarks below your umbilicuse, then you would need a full tummy tuck.

Full or mini tummy tuck? I have more options in video below

+1

There are many options for a tummy tuck that require and analysis of the various anatomic components  such as the skin, fatty depoisis, muscle condition,

Full or Mini ?

+1

Whether one does a full tummy tuck or a partial depends on the degree of laxity and whether it extends up the entire abdominal wall.I looking at your pictures you way well do fine with a more limited incision rather than one all the way across the abdomen.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs. full tummy tuck

+1

Based on the photo above you may be a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  It is difficult to determine without examining your skin elasticity and abdominal wall.  The length of the final scar isn't much longer with a full tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck will also allow complete strengthening and repositioning of your abdominal muscles.  The full tummy tuck will allow for more skin removal and stretch mark removal.

Please consult with another board certified plastic surgeon for a more thorough evaluation of your abdomen.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is very much an undercorrection of your skin looseness. Only 1-2 inches max of skin is removed from the suprapubic area. When you bend over, most of your skin and stretch marks will persist. If you want a flat abdomen, and removal of most of your stretch marks, I would definitely consider the full abdominoplasty procedure. 

Hayley Brown, MD