Full or Mini Tummy Tuck for Male After Weight Loss?

Over the past year I've lost around 70 pounds and have some loose skin and stretch marks under my belly button. I was wondering after seeing the picture, which would be a better option. A full or mini abdominoplasty?

Full versus mini tummy tuck in male.

+2

In most cases, I would recommend perfomring a full tummy tuck to obtain rmaximal correction over the limited results obtianed wihth a mini.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Tummy for Male post weight loss

+1

Possibly a mini. A certain kind of physical examination would be done at your consultation to determine proposed skin excision. You may also need nothing! Good work!

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Full or Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

From what can be seen in your pic a partial tummy tuck could tighten your skin enough to look right.

An other option is to try the Cellulaze laser which can produce significant long term skin tightening minimal scarring.

Consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for more information.

Mini or full tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question have picture.  Congratulations on your weight loss- you look great!

You may be the exceptional patient that would benefit from a mini tummy tuck surgery. This is because of the  exceptional  anatomic results you have achieved  with your weight loss.

Generally, however, I advise my patients that the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm