How to Get Full Lips Like Megan Fox?

If you are starting out with a very thin top lip could you still get results like Megan Fox or do you already need a slightly full lip?

I want fuller sexier lips, but I don't want to look like a porn star. Just wanting some professional advice. Thanks.

Be born again as Megan Fox

+3

Lip augmentation enhances existing lip structure. It does not create a completely different lip.

Patients who have overaugmentation of their lips will end up with large sausages or develop an overprojecting, "duck-like" look. Patients who have silicone injections develop a "trout-like" appearance as the silicone chronically inflames and sags.

There are many, many procedures that can be done on the lips to maximize their appearance from augmentation with temporary fillers, LiveFill (TM), fat injection, VY advancement flaps to reduce gumminess, Austin-Westin lip lifts for the corners of the mouth, Marionette line reduction etc etc etc.

It is best to maximize the beauty that a person's natural features can achieve, not exceed them and produce a buffoonish appearance.

Megan Fox lips

+2

Hi Kimberly,

I'm not sure when the link between full lips and representatives of the adult film industry first arose, but when performed correctly, you should NOT look like anything other than yourself with fuller lips.

Megan Fox has indeed been blessed with full lips, and it is possible that she has had some additional help in that area. Given her rise to stardom, her sultry look appears to appeal to the masses, and I hear much more in the office about Ms. Fox's lips these days than Angelina Jolie's.

But you are correct: overly full lips look strange and unnatural, and should be avoided. If you stick with a hyaluronic acid gel (e.g. Restylane) or fat injections, and go to an experienced cosmetic provider who enjoys the art of lip enhancement and can explain what option may be best for you, you should be exquisitely pleased with your results!

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to have fuller lips?

+2

This is a very valid question.

There are several ways that could be used to obtain fuller lips. I prefer two methods that in my hands and experience have given me good results.

1. Injectables. You can use fillers(Juvederm or another) to improve or make more lip volume. This is a temporary solution to a long therm problem. You can sequentially add more volume if you still think that they are too small. Word of advice is to go slow and this way you will not get over done lips. This way you can test ride your new lips.

2. SMAS graft for Lip Augmentation. I utilize SMAS from the same patient's Facelift or from behind the ear area. The SMAS is pure collagen and fat from the patient. I can place this SMAS inside the lips by a treading technique. The augmentation is permanent and the feel is very real and normal. I suggest this after some injections with Juvederm, this way I know what size and shape of lips you like. This SMAS Augmentation lasts for many years.

Remember that lip augmentation is artistic. You do not want your lips too full. You want something that recreates a normal contour, shape and size.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very Difficult if Lips are Too Thin

+2

Occasionally, I am asked to do lip augmentation on lips that are very thin. Some of us call these "chicken lips". I tell these patients that I can improve their lips, but cannot give them the full lips of their dreams.

Some of the more presposterous looking lips out there are when physicians tried to assuage the hurt feelings of the extremely thinned lipped patients.

So, in my opinion you really need to have some lip to work with to get the lips you want.

Incidentally, I agree with you that the balloon lips you describe look silly and unattractive.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

How to get Megan Fox type lips

+1

In the face it is a good idea to start with something non permanent. The soft and hard tissue of the face will change with time. We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane).  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.  The lips can look natural and still have the volume that you want.  The hyaluronic acid usually is soft, smooth, and kissable.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Megan Fox Lips

+1

There is a saying that goes something like this-"if you didn't come in here with so in so's face, you wont be leaving with it either". However, being realistic and discussing your options with your doctor is a great start in achieving a "better you". Take a picture of Megan Fox in with you on the day of your consultation and point out the things you like about her lips and between the two of you, you can come back with an honest and reasonable and probably great, option for your needs and wants.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

The way to get lips a bit fuller like Megan Fox is to have the lips conservatively augmented with fillers.  I would not over do it because it will take 8-12 months for the product to disappear.

B conservative with fillers

+1

I think the biggest mistake some patients make when it comes to lip fillers is adding too much product too quickly. Their lips are not in balance with the rest of their face, and they simply look "done". The goal should really be a natural, elegant result, so I recommend using a product like Juvederm, and starting very conservatively (perhaps 1 syringe total, divided between the upper and lower lips) and then wait a week or so to see if you are happy with the fullness. If not, you can always add more, but this gives yo more control over the final result.

Just like with any cosmetic procedure, the goal is to look your best, not to look like someone else. If you keep this in mind, pick the right surgeon for your procedure, and perform the procedure cautiously, you will get a very nice, full, but natural result.

Good luck!

Dr. Salemy

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Fuller lips with fillers

+1

As the others have indicated, fuller lips can be achieved with hyaluronic acid fillers, but over-filling your lip with the objective of re-creating Megan Fox's lip would probably look unnatural and silly on you. You should still be able to achieve a fuller, natural-appearing lip with Restylane or Juvederm.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Fuller Lips

+1

Lips can be augmented with hyaluronic fillers such as Restylane, Juvaderm, or Perlane. I do not place any fillers in the lips that may result in lumps, bumps, or overall "unnaturalness."

The key to getting fuller lips without looking artificial is to select your doctor appropriately. There are many physicians other than dermatologists and plastic surgeons who have ventured into this area and the results can be terrible. It takes special training to appreciate the specific anatomic landmarks of the lips. Care must be taken to not disrupt these landmarks when injecting. It is not simply a matter of "filling the lips." If done correctly, you can achieve the look you want.

Matthew Schulman, MD